Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dummy FTP Client!
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Dummy FTP Client! Post 302355310 by methyl on Tuesday 22nd of September 2009 09:54:27 AM
Old 09-22-2009
You can ftp (or sftp) to yourself as long as you have the appropriate services running. After creating suitable accounts, just use "localhost" where you would have used the remote hostname.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Client

Is there any ftp CLIENT(either freeware or sharware) can support passive mode else ncftp? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolmans
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command line client

Hi! Does anyone of you know another good ftp command line Client like Midnight Commander? (not /usr/bin/ftp) Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

3. Linux

ftp server/client buffers

Hi all, and again, I need help by you :-) I am using RH Advanced Server 2.1 with the defaukt wu-ftpd deamon. Now i want to tune the speed of my ftp transfers, but for this I need to increase the buffers for reading/writing from/to a filesystem and the sending/receiving buffers of the network.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malcom
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command line FTP Client

I'm looking for a FTP client that is similar to NCFTP in that I can run a full ftp command in one line without needing to access the client first then typing the ftp commands. Very simple request but I can't find any other tool like that, I have downloaded Kermit thinking I can use it to tranfer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamkag
3 Replies

5. Linux

viewing ftp client logs

Hi All Is there any linux log file that captures invalid ftp login attempts in client side? I'm trying to come up with a script that will send an email to owners stating the number of invalid password login attempt when logging in to the ftp server. its like, 1. i'm in client side...then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3rr0r_3rr0r
2 Replies

6. Solaris

A good ftp client

Can anyone please suggest a agood ftp client(GUI) which would support sftp ...on solaris. I badly need it. I keep doing the transfers frequently, and some of them are binary and I am not sure how I change the mode to binary. To avoid this and other hassles, it would help if i have a GUI client. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Disable GSSAPI when using an FTP client?

We have two HP-UX machines, both are B.11.31. When I FTP from the HP-UX boxes to a remote IBM server,- HP-UX 1: Connected to xxxx. 220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R12 at R2, 12:24:39 on 2013-08-30. 220 Connection will close if idle for more than 15 minutes. Name (xxxx:user): HP-UX 2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CaptNemo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX FTP client

I am trying to transfer logs from Aix 6.1 to a linux appliance but it is not happening from last one month if i execute the batch command by command i can execute well but if i do it in shell script it is stuck without any error. Any one know how to generate a FTP client trace to know the issue... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ra8ul
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yum not working on client while able to do the ftp

1)check vsftpd service is running service vsftpd status 2)mkdir -p /var/ftp/pub/Packages Packages will contain all rpm packages 3)copy the xml file to Packages folder #cp -arf /mnt/hgfs/share/RHEL_DVD/Packages /var/ftp/pub/Packages 4)install the 3 required rpm rpm --nodeps -ivh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joj123
0 Replies
CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS(3)			     curl_easy_setopt options				CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS - create missing dirs for FTP and SFTP SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> typedef enum { CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_NONE, CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR, CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_RETRY } curl_ftpcreatedir; CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS, long create); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long telling libcurl to create the dir. If the value is CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR (1), libcurl will attempt to create any remote directory that it fails to "move" into. For FTP requests, that means a CWD command fails. CWD being the command that changes working directory. For SFTP requests, libcurl will attempt to create the remote directory if it can't obtain a handle to the target-location. The creation will fail if a file of the same name as the directory to create already exists or lack of permissions prevents creation. Setting create to CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_RETRY (2), tells libcurl to retry the CWD command again if the subsequent MKD command fails. This is especially useful if you're doing many simultaneous connections against the same server and they all have this option enabled, as then CWD may first fail but then another connection does MKD before this connection and thus MKD fails but trying CWD works! DEFAULT
CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_NONE (0) PROTOCOLS
FTP and SFTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.10.7. SFTP support added in 7.16.3. The retry option was added in 7.19.4. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if the create value is not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_FTP_FILEMETHOD(3), CURLOPT_FTP_USE_EPSV(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS(3)