Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search and replace
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and replace Post 302355016 by proactiveaditya on Monday 21st of September 2009 08:40:09 AM
Old 09-21-2009
Thanks

Thanks Santiago
It worked

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace

hi all, the problem is like this...... i setup a file (Env.txt) which handles all the values. NAME1=xxxxxx, where xxxxx is the value NAME2=xxxxxx GGGGG=uusufu I have 6 files, where i will append the values from env.txt. These files has no specific format. all i want is to append the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace

I have a script which has several occurences of statement like command: $UCMDPATH/xyz abc I would like to replace the entire line starting from $UCMDPATH with the ls -ltr command eg: Prior to change:: command: $UCMDPATH/xyz abc After change: command: ls -ltr Is there a way to do... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace

Hi!!! I have following xml file with 3 sections. aaa1bbb-ccc default aaa1bbbdd default 0 11 23 * * aaa2bbb-ccc default aaa2bbbdd default 0 11 23 * * aaa3bbb-ccc default aaa3bbbdd default 0 15 23 * * (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdev457
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and Replace

I am trying to search and replace using two different files with strict search rules. One file contain some data and the other file contain some numbers as shown below. DataFile.txt >L1_T1 text data... text data.. >L1_T1 text data... text data.. >L1_T1 text data... text data.. ........ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with search and replace or search only of / in vi

Hi all, I am editing a config file in vi that has a / on it. At the moment, search and replace looks alright as am able to use a # as a temporary separator, i.e. :,$s#/u01/app#/u02/app#g For doing a search, I have to escape the / do. So if I want to search for /u01/app, I am having to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi search and replace

Hi, I need help with search and replace for the following string using vi .. if ];then to if ];then can this be done in one search and replace or need multiple ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested search in a file and replace the inner search

Hi Team, I am new to unix, please help me in this. I have a file named properties. The content of the file is : ##Mobile props east.url=https://qa.east.corp.com/prop/end west.url=https://qa.west.corp.com/prop/end south.url=https://qa.south.corp.com/prop/end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tolearn
2 Replies
syscallbysysc.d(1m)						   USER COMMANDS					       syscallbysysc.d(1m)

NAME
syscallbysysc.d - syscalls by syscall. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
syscallbysysc.d DESCRIPTION
syscallbysysc.d is a DTrace OneLiner to a report of the number of each type of system call made. This is useful to identify which system call is the most common. Docs/oneliners.txt and Docs/Examples/oneliners_examples.txt in the DTraceToolkit contain this as a oneliner that can be cut-n-paste to run. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # syscallbysysc.d FIELDS
first field This is the system call type. Most have man pages in section 2. second field This is the count, the number of occurrances for this system call. DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
syscallbysysc.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
procsystime(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 May 15, 2005 syscallbysysc.d(1m)