Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash shells communication
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash shells communication Post 302355015 by alohisius on Monday 21st of September 2009 08:37:56 AM
Old 09-21-2009
What is this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

BSD, Bash and Shells?

When I use Mac OS X's Terminal the UI is some what easier than that of Linux... I this just a shell or something because using Bash is a pain in RH's Linux 9. It's so sensitive about case etc. ??? In that way what is the shell that OS X uses as it's default Bash is on OS X (OK Duh) and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedVenim
3 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Difference between ksh,bash and different shells.

Hello Everyone, Can someone please tell me the key difference between the different shells availabe i.e. ksh,bash,(i don't know the others ones. :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Communication Failures

HI ALL, I have been trying to install a particular software using remote linux server. some thing like this: rsh <host ID> /usr/sbin/swinstall -x autoreboot=true -s /tmp/<software> <Product name>. The problem is whenever I try to install the product through a shell script the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
1 Replies

4. AIX

communication problems

hello i'v two aix servers 4.3. last night the goes down becuse electrical f problems. when the servers comes up i've notice that file /unix is gone. i've fix it and the problem fixed. after few hours the same crash becuse elctrical problems. file /unix is there , but now i've a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Communication over firewall

Hey GUys, Once again I run in to problem and I am here for ur help. I have two sun(solaris) box on company LAN. One Unix Box is behind the firewall and the other one is Outside the firewall. The thing i need to do is remote display a graphic on Unix box outside the firewall to the Unixbox... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interprocess Communication

Hiya Everybody just joined, Not sure if this is the right section:o I require abit of an assistance with IPC! I know there are different types of IPC porcesses like signals, semaphores, mutexes, shared memory, message queues, pipes and sockets. Now say a system has a number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.I.Joe
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interacting with two BASH shells

Hi. I'm working with two BASH shells in order to perform two tasks. For simplicity, suppose that at Shell #1 I'm executing this program: sleep 100 whose PID is 263. Meanwhile Shell #2 is waiting for its termination to follow with a second one. I tried with: wait 263 # Script for second... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hresquivelo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differences in BASH and ASH shells regarding if command?

Guys I now have a script that's working in a BASH environment, however one line doesn't appear to be working on an embedded device that has a busybox therefore ASH shell. I've googled but there's very little I can find regarding the ASH shell. In BASH the following line works... if ] ;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call exeute multiple bash shells from one master shell?

I have few bash shells, which i want to run sequentially, how to create a shell file, and execute/call one after other shell file. I am very new to shell programming. Bult some and running individually and also with crontab scheduler. never had a shell calling other shells, kindly would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)