Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which packages contain?
Operating Systems Solaris Which packages contain? Post 302354821 by sb008 on Sunday 20th of September 2009 05:59:25 AM
Old 09-20-2009
Which packages contain?

Cannot find which packages install:

The executable:
sharemgr

The service:
smb/server

Anyone knows?

Background, I want to setup CIFS on ZFS.
Solaris 10.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

packages

Hi there i wonder if someone can help, i have 2 servers (serverA and serverB). on A i have 147 packages, on server B i have 714 packages installed. i need server A to have the same packages as server B. how do i compile a list of only the packages i need? so in other words the list should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Packages

Hi there i wonder if someone can help, i have 2 servers (serverA and serverB). on A i have 147 packages, on server B i have 714 packages installed. i need server A to have the same packages as server B. how do i compile a list of only the packages i need? so in other words the list should be... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing packages

hi Guys, relatively new to Unix. i have a list of Unix packages to install... how do i install only what is on that list? can someone help? Kind regards Brian (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Packages in zones

hello, I have this problem. I'm trying to setup 2 zones on my server with different packages. I want one zone to have the package SUNlldap and the other zone to not have it. I don't care what's on the global zone. This package seems to be set to SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES=true. So It seems, that I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

strange packages!

I am in a LAN with 10 hosts, but only my PC (192.168.0.10) and 192.168.0.13 is on. The ip of the router is 192.168.0.1. But I am capturing strange packages. There are many public IPs is sending to port 11935 of 192.168.0.9. But 192.168.0.9 does'nt exist in my LAN, so it does'nt reply any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

help on addon packages

Hello, I am running vertica on my VMware which has Centos 5.5. I wanted to add some packages to the OS as I am working on some user defined functions. The packages which I need are openldap-devel glibc-devel glibc-common libidn-devel openssl-devel The Centos version is Centos 5.5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference of packages

Hello all. I need to know the difference of packages installed on 2 different nodes. I used pkginfo on node1 and sorted it and saved the result to a text file1. Then I used pkginfo on node2 and sorted it aswell and saved the result to a text file2. How can I know the which packages are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need this packages RHEL 5.6, Please help

Need this packages RHEL 5.6, Please help Hey all, I need these packages for RHEL 5.6 libyaml libyaml-devel libffi libffi-devel uname -mx86_64uname -mx86_64 Please tell me from which site I can get these packages My OS is RHEL 5.6 64 bit. Thanks, Manali (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

10. AIX

Application packages

Hello, I just build an AIX 7.1 box. I'm trying to install the following packages: BASH APACHE CVS ZIP I tired to download them searching on google, but unfortunately I dint find any packages concerned with aix7.1. I got stuck at this point and dont know where to download those packages... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
5 Replies
ZFSLOADER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      ZFSLOADER(8)

NAME
zfsloader -- kernel bootstrapping final stage DESCRIPTION
zfsloader is an extended variant of loader(8) with added support for booting from ZFS. This document describes only differences from loader(8). ZFS FEATURES
zfsloader supports the following format for specifying ZFS filesystems which can be used wherever loader(8) refers to a device specification: zfs:pool/filesystem: where pool/filesystem is a ZFS filesystem name as described in zfs(8). If /etc/fstab does not have an entry for the root filesystem and vfs.root.mountfrom is not set, but currdev refers to a ZFS filesystem, then zfsloader will instruct kernel to use that filesystem as the root filesystem. ZFS COMMAND EXTENSIONS
lsdev [-v] Lists ZFS pools in addition to disks and partitions. Adding -v shows more ZFS pool details in a format that resembles zpool status output. lszfs filesystem A ZFS extended command that can be used to explore the ZFS filesystem hierarchy in a pool. Lists the immediate children of the filesystem. The filesystem hierarchy is rooted at a filesystem with the same name as the pool. FILES
/boot/zfsloader zfsloader itself. EXAMPLES
Set the default device used for loading a kernel from a ZFS filesystem: set currdev=zfs:tank/ROOT/knowngood: SEE ALSO
gptzfsboot(8), loader(8), zfs(8), zfsboot(8), zfsloader(8), zpool(8) HISTORY
The zfsloader first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
September 15, 2014 BSD