Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: printing trailing dot
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting printing trailing dot Post 302354750 by proactiveaditya on Saturday 19th of September 2009 04:15:26 PM
Old 09-19-2009
script to silently install jre

i want to show a progress line like "................................" while the jre silent installation is in progress.

the silent installation script is:

#!/bin/bash

mv /bin/more /bin/more1
/root/jre-6u16-linux-i586.bin << EOF &> /dev/null && mv /bin/more1 /bin/more;rm -f /root/jre-6u16-linux-i586.bin
yes
EOF

---------- Post updated at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:14 PM ----------

Thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

dot files

Hi, everyone. I'm now using rsync command, and please tell me what is the wildcard for below looks like. I want to chose dotfiles, such as .ipod .apple but i don't want to chose . and .. ------------------ .* doesn't work, of course. Thanks, Euler04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Euler04
2 Replies

3. Linux

Regarding Dot Matrix Printing

Hi all, What I want is that can we manage printing a text file on a Dot Matrix printer installed on a Linux machine and the printer should not take the normal A4 format, but should print only to the extent the text file has text in it. What happen usually is that when we give print comand to any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aman_mlt
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove trailing G

Hello, I am trying to write a script that will calculate the amount of data remaining in a storage volume. I'm running Tru64 Unix version 5.1B patch kit 6. The script is being run against an AdvFS domain. I am programming in Korn Shell version M-11/16/88f. The basic idea is that I want to run df... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris mail routing to Windows SMTP server (trailing dot)

Hello, Firstly, appologies, i am a windows man but i'm picking things up really quickly.! We have some Unix boxes on our estate that route mail to a Windows SMTP server. This doesn't seem to work and after looking at the message headers it looks like the mail is getting bounced. :( -----... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M2TTJ
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

variable name with dot(.)

Hi, Is it possible to declare variable with name having dot(.) in it ? something like gs.test='HELLO' Thanks in advance :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopalss
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Linux to Windows Printing: PDF starts printing from middle of page.

We are using Red Hat. We have a issue like this: We want to print from Linux, to a printer attached to a Windows machine. What we want to print is a PDF. It prints, but the printing starts from the middle of the page. In the report, there is no space at the top but still printing starts from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan69
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mv or cp with a . (dot)?

How can I rename a file with a . prefix? I actually need to copy the file but the . seems to be very tough to do. mv ./bla ../fa/la/.bla - doesn't work. I've tried all sorts of bracketing and that doesn't work. Maybe the only way to do it would be to name the file _.bla then rename it... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
19 Replies
BAM(1)								   User Commands							    BAM(1)

NAME
bam - fast and flexible build system SYNOPSIS
bam [OPTION]... [VARIABLE=VALUE]... [TARGET]... DESCRIPTION
Builds applications using the bam build system. Execution: -a abort on error -c clean targets -d build targets that is dependent given targets --dry dry run, don't run any jobs -j sets the number of threads to use (default: 0, disabled) -s bam file to use (default: bam.lua) Lua: -l print local variables in backtrace -t print backtrace when an error occurs Output: -r build progress report format (default: s) b = progress bar c = use ansi colors s = build steps -v be verbose Other: -n don't use cache -h, --help prints this help Debug: --debug-nodes prints all the nodes with dependencies --debug-detail prints all the nodes with dependencies and details --debug-jobs prints all the jobs that exist --debug-dot prints all nodes as a graphviz dot file --debug-jobs-dot prints all jobs as a graphviz dot file --debug-trace-vm prints a line for every instruction the vm makes --debug-dump-int prints the internals scripts to stdout --debug-no-int don't load internal scripts bam by Magnus Auvinen (magnus.auvinen@gmail.com) bam May 2011 BAM(1)