Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to insert some word somewhere in the line with shell (or perl) Post 302354669 by tip78 on Saturday 19th of September 2009 09:18:44 AM
Old 09-19-2009
u did a shuffle..
which output is 20 very random words from the original message
and i need to take 10-20 first words from the original message, then put MY WORD then take another 10-20 next words and again put MY WORD and so on 3 times.. and write it all in 1 line
tip78

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert word in each line of a file

can someone tell me how can I insert a word in front of each line in a file. i tried with sed but didn't managed yet. Is there another command or this one(sed) works? 10x anyway. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert text before first line in perl

Hello all im doing simple parsing on text file , but now I need to insert string before the first line of the text file , how can I do that in perl? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a shell script pull the first word (or nth word) off each line of a text file?

Greetings. I am struggling with a shell script to make my life simpler, with a number of practical ways in which it could be used. I want to take a standard text file, and pull the 'n'th word from each line such as the first word from a text file. I'm struggling to see how each line can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricky
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace the first word of a line if it occurs again in the next line(shell)

Hi folks, have a look into the attachment, i am not familiar with unix, can you please help me in this regard. thanks in advance, :) regards, Geeko (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeko
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to parse a line and insert a word

Hi All, I have a file like this, data1,data2,,,data5,data6. i want to write a shell script to replace data3 with "/example/string". which means my data file should look like this . data1,data2,example/string],,data5,data6. Could you guys help me to get a sed command or any other command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the fifth line of a text file into a shell script and trim the line to extract a WORD

FOLKS , i have a text file that is generated automatically of an another korn shell script, i want to bring in the fifth line of the text file in to my korn shell script and look for a particular word in the line . Can you all share some thoughts on this one. thanks... Venu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:How to insert a line to a file.

Hi, Perl is new to me. I am trying to insert a line to a file. Example: I have a file (trial.txt), content: ZZZZ AAA DDDD I am trying to insert CCC below AAA. MY perl command: open (FILE,"+>>C:\\Documents and Settings\\trial.txt\n")|| die "can't open file"; while(<FILE>) { ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSGKT
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: replace multiple word on a line

Hi All, If I have a line as following: ( MA "vertical" ) How can I convert it to as below: ( BC "horizontal" ) Thanks, --Michael (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxn731
6 Replies

9. Linux

How to insert new line in perl

HI, I have a text file in which I have removed all new lines as I would like to introduce a new line at the end of each record in the file. There is no common end line for all the records. A new record will start by *RECORD*. So I want to introduce a new line before this line *RECORD*. So Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort a line and Insert sorted word(s) in a line

Hello, I am looking to automate a task - which is updating an existing access control instruction of a server and making sure that the attributes defined in the instruction is in sorted order. The instructions will be of a specific syntax. For example lets assume below listed is one of an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjayroc
6 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::DB2(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      SQL::ReservedWords::DB2(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::DB2 - Reserved SQL words by DB2 SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::DB2->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved DB2 word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by DB2. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either DB2 5, 6, 7 or 8. is_reserved_by_db2v5( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by DB2 5. is_reserved_by_db2v6( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by DB2 6. is_reserved_by_db2v7( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by DB2 7. is_reserved_by_db2v8( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by DB2 8. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with DB2 versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_db2v5 is_reserved_by_db2v6 is_reserved_by_db2v7 is_reserved_by_db2v8 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::DB2(3pm)