Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: su failure
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users su failure Post 302354612 by Azhrei on Friday 18th of September 2009 09:01:11 PM
Old 09-18-2009
If he doesn't know where to get the information, he also won't have the authority to fix it. So it's probably moot. Time for him to call his sys admin support center.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld failure

Hi, I am using gmake to compile a c program with a makefile. The make file runs ld. I get the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ gmake -e -f GNUmakefile queue_c gmake -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind failure

Hi all, I am using Perl program to do socket communication. My application has to use port 40001 this is a condition I can't change the port. The execution of this script always gave an error 'Bind failure port already in use' netstat execution gives below line: udp 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

subsystem failure

aix 4.3 I get the following error from the errpt log BD797922 0306170008 P H enclosure0 SUBSYSTEM FAILURE I'm not clear on this kind of error. It never happened to me. What do this errors mean, and how do I clear or solve them? Any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andwhat
2 Replies

4. Linux

Boot failure

Hi all I used a dual boot operating system and it works fine for me. Now , i install a Ati radeon 9250 Agp card on my system and this results in boot failure of fedora 6. The graphics card is working fine with windows XP , i.e i have no compatibility issues.The system also refuses to boot when i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kernel failure

hi, i´ve been the last 48 hours with this issue, this is my last resort.... after clone another system to a new one with lvm, the last step is mkinitrd. i execute it and it finish, but some errors are sent to stderrr. /sbin/mkinitrd: line380: gawk: command not found Traceback (most... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Failure

Hi , I need to write a IF condition to know if a SFTP file transfer is successful or not and send email if its failed. `sftp username@servername <<comm1 cd /directory put filename comm1 bye` I use above commands for my connections. So please help me to write a IF statement. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna87
0 Replies

7. Programming

pthread_cancel failure

I'm running a simple web server and seem to be having a problem canceling sessions. When a new request is received I start a thread to handle that session's requests. Since I want to keep the pipe open for a long time - 10 minutes or maybe 2 hours - I also have a session manager that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John S.
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount failure

i am tryin to mount my shared folder on the server, I used a command suggested to me, but it also fails, any suggestions would be thankful saman@saman-G41MT-ES2L:~$ sudo mount -t cifs //safe/tabatabaian_s -o username="myuser",password="mypass" /mnt/share mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

NT_STATUS_LOGON FAILURE

I am configuring Samba on one of my vmware.when i put smbclient -L local its showing error message : NT_STATUS_LOGON failure.I found that when i remove "Encrypted password entry from smb.conf" it works. pls help me ---------- Post updated at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:11 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies
shares-admin(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   shares-admin(1)

NAME
shares-admin - Shared Folders Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
shares-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
shares-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. shares-admin allows you to share folders to other computers in your network or in the internet. OPTIONS
shares-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
shares-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), network-admin(1), time-admin(1), users-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 shares-admin(1)