Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disk space
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat disk space Post 302354579 by aboorkuma on Friday 18th of September 2009 04:34:57 PM
Old 09-18-2009
Thanks
how i can use this lsof command

rds

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Out of disk space?

Hi I'm trying to install gcc and the installation program tells me that I'm out of disk space! I have just installed the os (using the default settings for partitions and sizes) and have only installed apache on the machine. Can it really be out of disk space already? How do I check how much... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

available disk space on disk device???

Hello, Can someone please tell me which command to use to determine the available disk space on a given disk device? I have to write a shell script that compresses files and stores them in a specific location but I am not sure how "conservative" I should be? Thanks in advance! Al. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk space?

I'm a Unix newbie running Solaris 9. After installing a fresh copy on a 40GB drive I noticed the available disk space is 2% free or approximately 200MB available. Is that possible? Did I do something wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarbuto
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Disk Space

Hi Experts. I had 100% disk full , even though i have removed 2 GB space still dbf command shows 100%. How to rectify that. Appreciate your prompt help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: test10002
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

disk space

Hello All- Am new member to this forum. Have some unix experience. But true believer in it compared to windows. Have a question regarding the disk space. I know a command to check the total disk space utilization using: df -k . but what is the command to check the same disk space by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: milkyway
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space

Hi This is my script for disk space monitoring clear if then echo "You must be root user to execute the script" fi ALERT_LEVEL=10 CONSUMPTION_LEVEL= `df -k | awk {'print $5'} | cut -d '%' -f1 | sed "1 d"` for i in $CONSUMPTION_LEVEL do FILE_SYSTEM=`df -k | awk {'print $1'} |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space

Hi Guys i have a nice little piece of code then i need to modify so that is does not look at /Voulmes/* thanks sub disk_full { my $i = 0; open( DF, "df -l|" ); while (<DF>) { #chomp(); next if (/^\/proc\b/); $i++; next if ( $i == 1 ); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk space

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, and want to monitor disk space using shell script continously on server, which will shoot mail after crossing threshold limit Please suggest. Regards Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Disk Space

Hi, I am installing TAM-eb components in solaris V10.o, unfortunately am running out of space. when I -df i come across a lot of directories. i would like to know whether there is any way to free some disk space. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichwaiznicht
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much disk space?

Hi, I have this : uname -a Linux servername 2.6.18-194.11.3.el5PAE #1 SMP Mon Aug 23 15:57:10 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux df -k Sys. de fich. 1K-blocs Occupied Disponible Capacity Monted on /u01/applis 10321208 3190160 6606760 33% /applis Does it mean... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies
checkrestart(1) 						  debian-goodies						   checkrestart(1)

NAME
checkrestart - check which processes need to be restarted after an upgrade SYNOPSIS
checkrestart [ -hvpa ] [ -b blacklist_file ] [ -i package_name ] DESCRIPTION
The checkrestart program tries to determine if there are processes in the system that need to be restarted after a system upgrade. This is necessary since an upgrade will usually bring new system libraries and running processes will be still using the old versions of the libraries. In stable Debian GNU/Linux systems this is typically needed to eliminate a system exposure to a vulnerability which might have been fixed by upgrading a library which that process makes use of. Consequently, checkrestart is sometimes used as an audit tool to find outdated versions of libraries in use, particularly after security upgrades. Administrators should not, however, rely on its output completely (see BUGS below). This script needs to run as root in order to obtain the information it needs for analysis. OPTIONS
-h,--help Show the program help and exit. -v,--verbose Generate detailed output. This output includes the list of all processes found using deleted files or descriptors as well as the deleted files and descriptors found. -p,--package Only process deleted files that belong to a package, ignoring deleted files which do not have an associated package in the package system. -a,--all Process all deleted files regardless of location. This makes the program analyse deleted files even if they would be discarded because they are located in locations, such as /tmp , which are known to produce false positives. It will take preceded if used simultaneously with the -p option. -b file,--blacklist=file Read a blacklist of regular expressions from file. Any files matching the patterns will be ignored. -i name,--ignore=name Ignore services that are associated to the package name provided in name. EXIT STATUS
The program will exit with error (1) if a non-root user tries to run it. Otherwise, it will always exit with error status 0. BUGS
This program might fail if the output of the lsof utility changes since it depends on it to detect which deleted files are used by pro- cesses. It might also output some false positives depending on the processes' behaviour since it does not check yet if the (deleted) files in use are really libraries. If you find a false positive in checkrestart please provide the following information when submitting a bug report: -- The output of checkrestart using the -v (verbose) option. -- The output of running the following command as root: lsof | egrep 'delete|DEL|path inode' Checkrestart is also sensitive to the kernel version in use. And might fail to work with newer (or older) versions. A rewrite to make it less dependent on lsof could improve this, however. SEE ALSO
lsof(8) AUTHOR
checkrestart was written by Matt Zimmerman for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE
Copyright (C) 2001 Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> Copyright (C) 2007,2010-2011 Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfs@debian.org> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. On Debian systems, a copy of the GNU General Public License may be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. debian-goodies December 19 2006 checkrestart(1)