Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what can i benefit as mechatronics eng. Post 302354516 by abu_malek on Friday 18th of September 2009 11:19:59 AM
Old 09-18-2009
what can i benefit as mechatronics eng.

hello ,
first i need to know what is a shell and what is a script ,and how can i benefit from shell and script programing as an mechatronics engineer?

Thank you for ur time

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Benefit for authentication with Active Directory?

Hello all, I heard that we can use Solaris to authenticate user with Active Directory. However, I do not see the point why we need to do that?? what's the benefit to authenticate user with Active Directory??? Example, I have Solaris and I limited only 10 users can access Solaris production... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Smith
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Prepping for the RHEL Sysadmin & Cert'd Eng. exams

I have completed training for RH033, RH133, & RH253. How much practical hands-on time (besides just re-doing the labs) will I need to successfully pass the RHCSA/RHCE exam? Also, is there an alternative for lab time besides week-long lab sessions that Red Hat sells for $300 a pop? Thanks very... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Robny73
8 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Benefit of Kernel

So I was wondering what are the benefits of Unix kernel? It does Process Management, File Management, Main Memory Management and Disk Management! Why couldn't operating system take care of these things? why did we need another intermediate :wall: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahinkhan22
8 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD