Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem with wc command in AIX in ZH_CN locale Post 302354478 by balaji_prk on Friday 18th of September 2009 09:26:38 AM
Old 09-18-2009
Hey

What are the following environment variables set to?

LANG
LC_ALL
LC_CTYPE
LC_MESSAGES
NLSPATH

Bala....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Pax command and backups on AIX HP-UX and IRIX

can someone tell me in details what this command does: pax -rpe -f /dev/rmt0 -s:^/home:/temp/test:g The definition given in the source i got this from says that command is used to restore the files from /home to /tmp/test. now, i know there's goto be a deeper explanation than that. can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using locale

:confused: Can anyone tell me how to test that locale is working properly in commands like awk, basename, bg, cd, cmp, col, command, csplit, cut, echo, egrep For ex. suppose I have changed locale using LC_ALL=german_germany.8859 export LC_ALL now i want to test(see) it's effect on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alodha
3 Replies

3. AIX

Japanese Locale installation on AIX 5.3

Hi Can anybody tell me where do i find (download) the following filesets for AIX 5.3. These are the dependencies i'm facing while installing Japanese locale from the 5th CD of AIX 5.3 CD bundle. X11.loc.ja_JP.base.rte 5.3.0.0 # AIXwindows Locale Configurat... bos.loc.iso.ja_JP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya_930
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Command to set locale for my linux machine

Hi, I need to set a locale to my linux machine which has redhat enterprise linux 4 how should I do that. And also when i did locale -a, I have got three versions for each locale type with different .extensions like utf8,iso88951 and soon which file should I use for setting locale. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem in locale installation through solaris 10 cds

Dear All I am in a problem where i have to install en_us locale through solaris 10 05/08 which is in 5 cds as I download from internet. when I use the following command after putting disk 1 of solaris 10 loceladm -a en_us -d /cdrom/cdrom0/s0/Solaris_10/Product It install few packages but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

7. AIX

Which command in AIX 5L is replace updatelv in AIX 4.3?

When I import VG, it shows: 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. I found AIX V4.3 have updatelv command can recovery LVB from VG, however, updatelv is not existed on AIX 5L, which command to replace it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

8. AIX

problem with command 'route -q' in AIX 5.3

Hi all! I have a problem.I access to AIX server via SSH,then i use command 'route -q', after that i can't connect to AIX server.Please help me to fix this problem. Thanks & Best Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bachtq
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX CDE Locale Configuration

Dears I am looking for this binary to complete my X11 installation and I can not find it in the media , can any one help me where can I download it X11.loc.en_US.Dt.rte AIX CDE Locale Configuration - U.S. English (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies
LOCALE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 LOCALE(1)

NAME
locale -- display locale settings SYNOPSIS
locale [-a|m] locale [-ck] name [...] DESCRIPTION
locale displays information about the current locale, or a list of all available locales. When locale is run with no arguments, it will display the current source of each locale category. When locale is given the name of a category, it acts as if it had been given each keyword in that category. For each keyword it is given, the current value is displayed. OPTIONS
-a Lists all public locales. -c name ... Lists the category name before each keyword, unless it is the same category as the previously displayed keyword. -k name ... Displays the name of each keyword prior to its value. -m Lists all available public charmaps. Darwin locales do not support charmaps, so list all CODESETs instead. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: name is the name of a keyword or category to display. A list of all keywords and categories can be shown with the following command: locale -ck LC_ALL ENVIRONMENT
LANG Used as a substitute for any unset LC_* variable. If LANG is unset, it will act as if set to "C". If any of LANG or LC_* are set to invalid values, locale acts as if they are all unset. LC_ALL Will override the setting of all other LC_* variables. LC_COLLATE Sets the locale for the LC_COLLATE category. LC_CTYPE Sets the locale for the LC_CTYPE category. LC_MESSAGES Sets the locale for the LC_MESSAGES category. LC_MONETARY Sets the locale for the LC_MONETARY category. LC_NUMERIC Sets the locale for the LC_NUMERIC category. LC_TIME Sets the locale for the LC_TIME category. SEE ALSO
localedef(1), localeconv(3), nl_langinfo(3), setlocale(3) STANDARDS
The locale utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
locale appeared in Mac OS X 10.4 Darwin August 27, 2004 Darwin