Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Newbie: HP-UX installation problem Post 302354407 by vbe on Friday 18th of September 2009 03:59:57 AM
Old 09-18-2009
Unfortunately I have no time now..., but when I find some, I will try to look in my archives what modification had to be done to the cable (pin order...)... So I understand you have the original IBM cable is that so?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie problem please help

I am running a sun enterpirse 420 r with solaris 7 on it . I have a mount that is at 100 percent. It is running oracle on it., not sure version. i cant seen to find what is taking up all the space. is there a ls comand that will tell me the size of a directory and all sub folders in it. or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thump
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie problem with enviroment

Hi I've written a a script on box A that ssh's into box B and runs another script. If I run the script on box B it works. However when I run my ssh script (public key setup so no passwd required) it fails with "The WSB_HOME environment variable is not defined". Checked wapuser1 .profile on box B... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alien12
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Software Installation Help - Newbie

Let me start off by saying that I am by no means a unix person. I am tasked to install log4cxx on a brand new machine but it looks like we need the apr, apr-utils, libtool, make, autoconf, automake, and gcc packages just to install log4cxx. Our machine came with no c compiler so I couldn't build... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnRodey
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie's question about COBOL Installation in Unix

I wanna to install a COBOL on the AIX unix server. Would u like to tell me the disk usage of COBOL installation? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

newbie problem

hi, I want to clarify this matter for a long time so here I come, I seen people use if ] or if or if (( some condition )) exactly what are the difference? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

6. Programming

newbie problem

Im new to gcc, vim etc... and I've been trying a simple hello world program and every time I try to compile any C program I get the following error message test.c :1:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory test.c : In function 'main': test.c :5: warning: incompatible implicit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowFish@ubuntu
5 Replies

7. SCO

newbie - CUPS installation & C compiler

Ok new in here so be gentle: I'm a programmer with the need to also be a sys admin on a box running: Client has purchased a Kyocera KM-4035 do it all machine. However, no driver exists for SCO and when I contacted their Kyocera rep he told me to install CUPS. I downloaded CUPS and ran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbxguy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

join -t problem (newbie)

Been tearing my hair out trying to work out how to make the -t option in the join command work. Joining two files on col 1; columns in both files are separated by tabs. file1: 2010/02/01-00:00 10.63 2010/02/01-00:06 10.63 2010/02/01-00:12 10.61 2010/02/01-00:18 10.58 (there are LOTS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lobsterman
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple problem for a newbie

I am trying to find a way to display just sudoers, passwd and shadow files without the extensions.. Thank you for any suggestions ls -lrt /etc | egrep 'sudoers|passwd|group|shadow' -r-------- 1 root root 1338 Oct 31 2006 shadow.sav -r-------- 1 root root 5191... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie problem

Hi. I'm new to shell script and i have a problem My code ssh $i df -h|grep -ve Use | awk '{ if ( substr( $5, 1, length($5) - 1) > 80 ) echo -n "-----\n"$5" "$6 ; else echo -n "------\nOK!" }' | sort -uThe problem is : for example, if the %Use is ( 78;81 ), the scripts will print both "78"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
3 Replies
LIEBERT(8)							    NUT Manual								LIEBERT(8)

NAME
liebert - Driver for Liebert contact-closure UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the liebert driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
This driver supports some Liebert UPS equipment with a contact-closure interface. This includes the UPStation GXT2 with their contact-closure cable. The smart mode ("Multilink") cable is not supported by this driver. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver does not support any extra settings in the ups.conf(5). BUGS
This driver does not yet support shutdowns by raising DTR. Be aware that shutdowns are not possible with the stock contact-closure cable. You may have to build another cable with DTR connected through to the UPS for it to work. There is no way for this driver to detect the hardware or cable. It will start up successfully even if no UPS is present. This is a fundamental limitation of any contact-closure driver. SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 LIEBERT(8)