Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Application install
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Application install Post 302354298 by huge_ness on Thursday 17th of September 2009 06:37:36 PM
Old 09-17-2009
It is a SunOS 5.10 Generic

---------- Post updated at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:47 PM ----------

So i did as you said and brought down the memory heap level on the machine, and it is still giving me the same error?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Database / Application Installation

Greetings, forgive me if this is listed in another thread somewhere, I am short on time. I am being interviewed for the position of UNIX Database and Job code installer for a consulting firm. I have never installed or worked on a native UNIX system. I have been running Linux (RH,SuSE,Slackware)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: OllieTech
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo: application install question

I need to install an application on my Sun station and need root privleges to do so. I was given sudo privileges and was told to issue the following command. bash-2.03$ sudo init 0 I've read the man pages for init and understand the purpose of that command. My questions are: 1. From the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forbin24
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Using Hosting - Using application

Hello Guys, Let me start by saying... I know very little about Unix/Linux, but for a non-profit organization I've been asked to do a task, that is a far amount out of my knowledge. About my host: DreamHost.com Unix/Linux Based Best Plan Okay heres what I need to do. Upload a version of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maceffects
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Install application on UNIX cluster

Hi everyone, I have a new engagement where in I would need to install an inhouse server application in a HP_UNIX cluster. Please let me know how this should be done. Satish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish_000
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Can I Install the Gani Network Driver Using the Application that Came on the CD?

When I boot up the Solaris 10 5/09 install CD and select 'Solaris' from the GRUB menu that comes up, a menu loads. Option 5 is 'Apply Driver Updates'. Can I install the Gani driver using that? I tried using the tar file (the way it came) that I wrote to a floppy but when I asked it to look at the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Unix solaris hanged, cannot get the application

Hi , I need your help on the my unix (solaris system was down) when i enter console login ans password could not opearte their application . i tried reboot many times but still same error was occurred. Please refer the attcahed file , how i need to solve this issue?:wall: I 'm not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thamil
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to install 32 bit application on 64 bit OS

Hi, I am new to Linux OS. My question is that "is it possible to install 32 Bit application on 64 Bit OS?" I have the following Redhat OS on VMware workstation. OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 | 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 While installing the application I am getting the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
2 Replies
HEAD(1) 								FSF								   HEAD(1)

NAME
head - output the first part of files SYNOPSIS
head [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Print first 10 lines of each FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE, precede each with a header giving the file name. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --bytes=SIZE print first SIZE bytes -n, --lines=NUMBER print first NUMBER lines instead of first 10 -q, --quiet, --silent never print headers giving file names -v, --verbose always print headers giving file names --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may have a multiplier suffix: b for 512, k for 1K, m for 1 Meg. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for head is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and head programs are properly installed at your site, the command info head should give you access to the complete manual. head (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 HEAD(1)