Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers cygwin error device or resource busy Post 302354174 by blianna on Thursday 17th of September 2009 10:21:39 AM
Old 09-17-2009
Using puTTy it works but my aim was to automate the process.
So I try:

# Open ttyS2 for reading and writing as FD 5
exec 5<>/dev/ttyS2
# Leave this running in the background
cat <&5 &
# Write a command to FD 5
echo "AT" >&5

and I think that it's a good idea!! But now, there is another problem: when I try to send an SMS through At commands I have to communicate the control character [ctrl+z] ^Z to serial port...and I have some troubles to do this.

echo "\032">&5
echo "^Z" >&5

They don't work probably because I had to set up some features with stty but when I try:

stty -F /dev/ttyS2 isig

I face with this error:
stty: /dev/ttyS3: unable to perform all requested operations

Any idea to send control char??
Thank you!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount, device busy, but..

I'm trying to unmount a file system, but umount says the device is busy. A fuser -c /myfs tells me that nothing on this fs is in use. Any idea? Oh, and btw, why isn't my signature beeing displayed? Show user's signature is enabled and I have entered one :/ (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
10 Replies

2. HP-UX

Cannot umount - device busy

Anyone have any idea why I cannot umount a directory even though fuser shows no process attached to it? fuser -cu /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export: umount /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export umount: cannot unmount /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export : Device busy umount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device or resource busy??

Hi, I'm trying to do a sharity mount to mount a terastation network drive. I'm getting a Device or resource busy message after my mount command. Please see output below... # /usr/local/sharity3/bin/sharity mount smb://labbackup01/bakup_data /mnt/labbackup01 Device or resource busy.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

cygwin /dev/ttyS2: Device or resource busy

Ciao a tutti!!! il mio problema è questo: sto cercando di inviare dei comandi AT da PC a cellulare utilizzando il bluetooth e cygwin e vorrei visualizzare le risposte nella shell bash. Per farlo apro due terminali utilizzando le seguente istruzioni: xterm & Sul primo scrivo cat /dev/ttyS2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blianna
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

/dev/ttyS2 device or resource busy

Ciao a tutti!!! il mio problema è questo: sto cercando di inviare dei comandi AT da PC a cellulare utilizzando il bluetooth e cygwin e vorrei visualizzare le risposte nella shell bash. Per farlo apro due terminali utilizzando le seguente istruzioni: xterm & Sul primo scrivo cat /dev/ttyS2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blianna
1 Replies

6. Hardware

/dev/ttyS0: Device or resource busy

hello to everybody I have Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 installed on my Desktop and I have a PCI serial card in my computer and it has only one serial port. Actually I want to use this serial port for the serial communication and for that I executed this command : $ setserial -g /dev/ttyS and I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyush011
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lvm swapon failed Device or resource busy

Is there a trick to mounting swap in n a lvm? I can't get it to work. # swapon -va swapon on /dev/mapper/VG-lv_swap swapon: /dev/mapper/VG-lv_swap: found swap signature: version 1, page-size 4, same byte order swapon: /dev/mapper/VG-lv_swap: pagesize=4096, swapsize=4294967296,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. SCO

NFS umount shows the "Device busy (Error 16)"

Hi there After making a backup copy of it sometimes happens that when I want to unmount an NFS indicates the error:umount: /path_mount busy: Device busy (Error 16) if I run lsoff, I can not find the process that is blocking the application. I'm using OpenServer 5.0.2c as one NFS server ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
14 Replies

10. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
DHV(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    DHV(4)

NAME
dhv - DHV-11 communications multiplexer SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NDHV dhv_units # DHV11 /etc/dtab: #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments dhv ? 160440 310 5 dhvrint dhvxint # dhv terminal mux major device number(s): raw: 24 minor device encoding: bits 0007 specify line on DHV unit bits 0070 specify DHV unit bit 0100 specifies RTS/CTS (``hardware'') flowcontrol bit 0200 specifies non-blocking open (``CD always on'') DESCRIPTION
A DHV-11 provides 8 communication lines. Each line attached to the DHV-11 communications multiplexer behaves as described in tty(4). Input and output for each line may indepen- dently be set to run at any of 13 speeds (50 and 200 baud are not available). While 38400 is available the underlying hardware is not fast enough to handle it and there will be pauses/gaps between characters. Bit 0200 of the minor device number for DHV lines may be set to say that a line is not properly connected, and that the line should be treated as hard-wired with carrier always present. Thus creating the special character device node "4, 130" via mknod /dev/ttyS2 c 4 130 would cause line ttyS2 to be treated in this way. Turning on bit 6 in the minor device number via mknod /dev/ttyS2 c 4 194 would enable RTS/CTS flow control. The DHV-11 has an input silo but does not have the programmable receiver delay that the DHU (and DHQ) have. Thus system services more interrupts (i.e. gets fewer characters per interrupt on average) with a DHV-11 than with a DHQ (in DHU mode). FILES
/dev/tty[S-Z][0-9a-f] SEE ALSO
tty(4) DIAGNOSTICS
dhv%d,%d NXM. No response from QBUS on a DMA transfer within a timeout period. This error has never been observed on a PDP-11 and is a carryover from the VAX driver when that was ported to 2BSD. dhv%d diag %o. Diagnostic information from the DHV11. This has never been observed. The DHV-11 hardware manual will be required to decode the value printed out. dhv%d: %d overruns. The character input silo overflowed before it could be serviced. This message is printed only when the line is closed. By only printing this when the line is closed further silo overruns are avoided (kernel printf statements are not interrupt driven). NOTES
The DHV lacks the receiver delay that the DHU (and DHQ) have. Thus it is extremely easy (indeed it's almost certain at higher data rates) for a DHV-11 to enter an interrupt per character mode and use 70-80% of the cpu. 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 31, 1997 DHV(4)