Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count the no of lines between two words Post 302354119 by malcomex999 on Thursday 17th of September 2009 06:48:26 AM
Old 09-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh.mandlik
Can be done following way...
Code:
awk '/Pritam/,/Patil/{n++}; END {print n-2}' filename

I tried your code and it gave me 7.
But the OP is expecting output 2 and 3.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

count no of words in a line

hi i have a string like str=abc def ghi jkl now i want to count the no of words in the string please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help needed in trying to count lines,words and characters

Hello, i am trying to write a script file in awk which yields me the number of lines,characters and words, i checked it many many times but i am not able to find any mistake in it. Please tell me where i went wrong. BEGIN{ print "Filename Lines Words Chars\n" } { filename=filename + 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count words

Hi, does anyone know the command to count words by its length. I need to Count the number of five letter words that I have in a file with thousand of words. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabioamaury
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out words, replace them and count words

hello, i 'd like your help about a bash script which: 1. finds inside the html file (it is attached with my post) the code number of the Latest Stable Kernel, 2.finds the link which leads to the download location of the Latest Stable Kernel version, (the right link should lead to the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex83
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting help to identify words count in lines

Hi everybody, i have this biological situation to fix: > Id.1 ACGTACANNNNNNNNNNNACGTGCNNNNNNNACTGTGGT >Id.2 ACGGGT >Id.3 ACGTNNNNNNNNNNNNACTGGGGG >Id.4 ACGTGCGNNNNNNNNGGTCANNNNNNNNCGTGCAAANNNNN ........ .... These are nucleotidic sequences with some "NNNN..." always of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giorgio C
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count lines and words of a stream output with tail

Hello, I need to tail -f a file output stream and I need to get only lines that contains "get" and "point" in the same line. It doesn't matter the order. Then I need only the text BEFORE "point". I have to count each line and perform other serveral actions after this has performed 3 times.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kibou
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How count the number of two words associated with the two words occurring in the file?

Hi , I need to count the number of errors associated with the two words occurring in the file. It's about counting the occurrences of the word "error" for where is the word "index.js". As such the command should look like. Please kindly help. I was trying: grep "error" log.txt | wc -l (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmarx
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count words/lines between two tags using awk

Is there an efficient awk that can count the number of lines that occur in between two tags. For instance, consider the following text: <s> Hi PP - my VBD - name DT - is NN - . SENT . </s> <s> Her PP - name VBD - is DT - the NN - same WRT - . SENT - </s> I am interested to know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the words starting with 3-

OS : Oracle Linux 6.5 Shell : bash I have a file whose contents look like below. I want to count the number of occurences of strings starting with 3-. How can I do this ? I couldn't wordwrap the below line. Hence it looks long. '3-90892405251', '3-90892911050', '3-90893144163',... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Count unique words

Dear all, I would like to know how to list and count unique words in thousands number of text files. Please help me out thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
9 Replies
smccompile(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    smccompile(1M)

NAME
smccompile - build class list and compile Solaris Management Console service beans for remote use SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -c beanname /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool | service [-n altjarname] jarfile /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library [-n altjarname] ALLTOOL | ALLSERVICE | ALL | attachedBeanname jarfile DESCRIPTION
The smccompile command is used by developers of tools, services, and libraries for the Solaris Management Console. For information regard- ing the Solaris Management Console, see smc(1M). smccompile compiles service class files given by the bean name for use with the Solaris Management Console. This step builds the extra proxy and stub classes for services to be used with Solaris Management Console tools. Solaris Management Console requires running smccom- pile -c before creating service jar files, and smccompile -j after creating tool, service, and library jars. smccompile, in conjunction with smcregister(1M), is intended to replace the smcconf command as the preferred interface for managing the Solaris Management Console repository as well as toolboxes from within scripts, due to significant performance enhancements over smcconf. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: ALL Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all tools and services. ALLSERVICE Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all services. ALLTOOL Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all tools. attachedBeaname Specify the name of a registered jar to which the library jarfile should be attached to (or detached from). This is typi- cally the same as altjarname (if provided) or jarfile used to register the jar to which this library is being attached or detached. An attached library means the library is only available for use by the tool or service to which it is being attached. beanname The full package path of the bean name to be compiled. An example bean name is: com.mycompany.myproduct.MyService. -c Compile and build service class files for the specified bean name. This step builds the extra proxy and stub classes for services to be used with Solaris Management Console tools. You must run smccompile with this option before creating service type jar files. -j Build a list of classes in text format, suitable as input to smcregister for registration with the Solaris Management Con- sole repository. The output is written to standard out and should be redirected to a file. You must run smccompile with this option after creating any tool, service, or library jar. jarfile Specify the full path to the jar file to be registered. The name must be in the form beanname.jar, where beanname is the package path to the bean. If it is not, an alternate name must be given in that form using the -n option. -n altjarname Rename the jarfile in the repository to altjarname. Typically. this is the full bean name. For example, if the jarfile was MyTool.jar, then altjarname might be com.mycompany.myproduct.MyTool.jar. It is recommended that an altjarname containing the full package path be used. You must use this same name when registering the jar with smcregister. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Compiling a Service The following command takes a Solaris Management Console service and builds its proxy and stub classes to make the service usable by Solaris Management Console tools: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -c com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl Example 2: Building a Class List for a Service The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a service suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j service -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyServiceImpl.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j service ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl.jar > classlist.txt Example 3: Building a Class List for a Tool The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a tool suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyTool.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar > classlist.txt Example 4: Building a Class List for a Library Attached to All Tools The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a library suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command, and is attached to all tools: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar ALLTOOL ${HOME}/workarea/MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library ALLTOOL ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt Example 5: Building a Class List for a Library Attached to a Specific Tool The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a library suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command, and is attached to a specific tool: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of smccompile: JAVA_HOME If you do not specify this environment variable, your PATH is searched for a suitable java. Otherwise, the /usr/j2se location is used. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWMc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smc(1M), smcconf(1M), smcregister(1M), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
All standard shell quoting rules apply. SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2001 smccompile(1M)