Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Verify two disk pvid with command awk Post 302353948 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 16th of September 2009 03:16:04 PM
Old 09-16-2009
so you have the lspv command o/p of all server in a file??
I am not able to understand your query fully...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Command to verify library sources in AIX

Hi there, May I know is there a command to verify and check the *.a file contents for AIX 5.2. How can I link the library file ? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongks
0 Replies

2. Solaris

"Error for Command: verify"

I have a raid 5 configuration in a A3500 rack, manager by raid manager. This morning I found this messages in a /vad/adm/messages": Sep 10 04:33:57 zion scsi: WARNING: /sbus@3,0/SUNW,socal@2,0/sf@1,0/ssd@w200200a0b80735d3,4 (ssd11): Sep 10 04:33:57 zion Error for Command: verify ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonovox
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify email address using mailx command ?

Is there any way i can verify the email address (before sending the mail) using the mailx command ? I know that sendmail -bv email@address.com can do it but there is a compatibility issues with the version of Unix we have. So mailx is the only command we can used at this point. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rak007
1 Replies

4. AIX

Backup with Pax command. How to verify tape?

Dear all experts online, In my environment of AIX 5300-07, I am currently using "pax" command to backup all filesystems that I need to backup and it will take me around 4 hours time with LTO3 tape drive. When I need to verify the tape after backup, I am using "pax" command to list all files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

6. AIX

verify command

Guy's I have script doing many steps as the below ... ############# ## step1# mount all Files system mount all ## step2# Start the application /app/appsh ############# but some time mount points will not be mounted completely so that will give an error if the next step started... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

7. AIX

command to verify number of files

Guy's I have file system called /appspft has millions of files and I want to know exactly how many file under it Pls advice with that command to verify number of files .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify File exists and execute command

Hi, I am trying to verify that a file exists within an alternate directory. If the file exists, it will execute a copy command...if it does not, it should exit the script. I tried the <test> command and the but keep coming up with syntax errors. I am coding in C Shell and the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
5 Replies

9. AIX

clearing PVID

HI admins, I am not able to clear pvid .I am getting below error. chdev -l hdisk273 -a pv=clear Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chgdisk): 0514-047 Cannot access a device. pv The disk is from SAN. I can clear remove the disk using rmdev.But if i run cfgmgr , this disk apperas... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
2 Replies
XMLSTARLET(1)                                                    xmlstarlet Manual                                                   XMLSTARLET(1)

NAME
xmlstarlet - command line XML/XSLT toolkit SYNOPSIS
xmlstarlet [<options>] [<command>] [<cmd-options>] INTRODUCTION
XMLStarlet is a set of command line utilities (tools) which can be used to transform, query, validate, and edit XML documents and files us- ing simple set of shell commands in similar way it is done for plain text files using UNIX grep, sed, awk, diff, patch, join, etc commands. This set of command line utilities can be used by those who deal with many XML documents on UNIX shell command prompt as well as for auto- mated XML processing with shell scripts. OPTIONS
--version Display the version of xmlstarlet. --help Display help. COMMANDS
Type: xmlstarlet <command> --help <ENTER> for command help Available commands include: ed (or edit) Edit/update XML document(s). sel (or select) Select data or query XML document(s) (XPATH, etc). tr (or transform) Transform XML documents(s) using XSLT. val (or validate) Validate XML document(s) (well-formed/DTD/XSD/RelaxNG). fo (or format) Format XML document(s). el (or elements) Display element structure of XML document. c14n (or canonic) XML canonicalization. ls (or list) List directory as XML. esc (or escape) Escape special XML characters. unesc (or unescape) Unescape special XML characters. pyx (or xmln) Convert XML into PYX format (based on ESIS - ISO 8879). p2x (or depyx) Convert PYX into XML. REFERENCES
XMLStarlet is a command line toolkit to query/edit/check/transform XML documents (for more information see http://xmlstar.source- forge.net/). AUTHOR
Mikhail Grushinskiy. XMLSTARLET(1)