Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to make files/folders Password protected Post 302353929 by jyoung on Wednesday 16th of September 2009 02:05:18 PM
Old 09-16-2009
Isn't that what permissions do protect files or directories from unauthorized people or programs from accessing them?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I inhereted a Unix server that is password protected...Help!

I inhereted a project server that has UNIX installed with a SCO OS. I am trying to learn UNIX but I cannot go beyond the password and login. The original engineers have left the company and nothing was ever written down. How can access our server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fxsaint
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print on a printer which is password protected

Hi, I am trying to print from HP unix machine to a Toshiba printer which is password protected. How can I print? Thanks. Anuj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anuj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make script password protected

Hi All, I want to make my script password protected. i e: if somebody runs my script it should prompt for password. Can somebody help me in to execute the same?? Thanks in Advance :b: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: achararun
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping files <password protected>

Hie Friends, I need your help once again. I have 77 “password protected” winzip files in linux/unix server. I want to decrypt it through an automated script. Password of every file is same and it is mhd*tt. Please help me. Usually I unzip it as follows, manually one by one. unzip <file name> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzipping multiple password-protected files

I am trying to unzip ~150 files on a SUN server in Unix via a telnet program (PuTTy), so I am restricted (I believe) to single-line command functions. All of the files are password protected, and each one contains three files. Is there a way to automate the process? I have tried 7z, but that only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davman
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH - Password Protected Directory Issue

I dug myself a hole yesterday that I can't seem to get myself out of. In a very futile attempt to create a new FTP user with limited access via SSH, I inadvertently changed permissions for who knows what and now I am having a problem accessing password protected directories. When I enter the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiddenColors
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a password protected bash script resist/refuse “bash -x” when the password is given

I want to give my long scripts to customer. The customer must not be able to read the scripts even if he has the password. The following command locks and unlocks the script but the set +x is simply ignored. The code: read -p 'Script: ' S && C=$S.crypt H='eval "$((dd if=$0 bs=1 skip=//|gpg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
7 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Password protected excel file without encryption or zipping

All, I have requirement to send password protected excel file in an email from unix/linux box without zipping it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Durgesh Gupta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password protected excel file without encryption or zipping

All, I have requirement to send password protected excel file in an email from unix/linux box without zipping it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Durgesh Gupta
8 Replies
LIBMTP_folder_struct(3) 					      libmtp						   LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)

NAME
libmtp - LIBMTP_folder_struct SYNOPSIS
#include <libmtp.h> Data Fields uint32_t folder_id uint32_t parent_id uint32_t storage_id char * name LIBMTP_folder_t * sibling LIBMTP_folder_t * child Detailed Description MTP Folder structure Examples: delfile.c, folders.c, getfile.c, newfolder.c, sendfile.c, and sendtr.c. Field Documentation LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::child Child folder or NULL if no children Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::folder_id Unique folder ID Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), LIBMTP_new_folder_t(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). char* LIBMTP_folder_struct::name Name of folder Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::parent_id ID of parent folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::sibling Next folder at same level or NULL if no more Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::storage_id ID of storage holding this folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libmtp from the source code. Version 1.1.3 Sun Feb 17 2013 LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)