Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting run shell script connecting to oracle from crontab Post 302353864 by apenkov on Wednesday 16th of September 2009 11:31:01 AM
Old 09-16-2009
HI, thanks....let's start step by step:
Code:
PWD=/home/bgw
TZ=Europe/Sofia
LC_MESSAGES=C
HZ=100
HOSTNAME=homesol123
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/EMCpower/lib:/opt/VRTSvcs/EMC/lib
MANPATH=/usr/man:/opt/EMCpower/man
LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64=/opt/EMCpower/lib/sparcv9
LC_TIME=en_US.ISO8859-1
USER=user
MACHTYPE=sparc-sun-solaris2.9
MAIL=/var/mail/user
EDITOR=vi
LC_NUMERIC=en_US.ISO8859-1
LOGNAME=user
SHLVL=1
LC_CTYPE=en_US.ISO8859-1
SHELL=/bin/csh
HOSTTYPE=sparc
OSTYPE=solaris2.9
HOME=/home/bgw
TERM=ansi
PATH=/etc:/usr/bin:.:/opt/EMCpower/bin/sparcv9:/opt/VRTSvcs/EMC/bin:/etc/emc/bin
LC_MONETARY=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_COLLATE=en_US.ISO8859-1
RAD_LOG_FACILITY=LOG_LOCAL0
_=/usr/bin/env

1.I'm not sure what I should provide here
2.I don't get any error, it just sleep...I add a simple command at the beginning - ls /home > list.txt and it works, but when it reach line
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/10g/ it goes to bed
3.crontab - 30 10 * * * /home/scripts.sh /home/dir
4.yes

apenkov

Last edited by vgersh99; 09-16-2009 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: code tags, PLEASE!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting to Oracle through unix shell scripts

Hi, Can some one help me in connecting to oracle through unix shell scripts with examples. Regards Narayana Gupta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script from oracle store procedure

hi, this is urgent..can i run a shell script from store procedure without using java. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnabb4u
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle from Shell..What Am I doing Wrong

I have the following code in my shell script. . /apps/oracli/xxxxx/xxxx/oraEnv.9.2.0 sqlplus -s $DB_USER/$DB_PWD@$DB_NAME > xx.html <<EOF I am passing DBuser and DBname from a config file and the password from user. Config File : export DB_USER=xxx; export DB_NAME=xxx; I am getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dzyr4tt
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem running shell script (for oracle export) in crontab

Hello Gurus, I've been tasked with solving a problem at my new job and I'm stumped. We've got a script that dynamically builds an oracle export parameter files and then runs export from the shell. it runs fine when using the shell, but will NOT run (fails in one spot everytime) when entered... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsheehan223
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i run a shell script without crontab.

Hi Folks, Could you please suggest me how to run a shell script on a solaris env without using crontab. I am actually trying to write a shell script which will grep "WORD" in the logfile andd sends a email.Thanks in advance. Thanks Sandeep. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep anand
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database from shell script

Hi all, I am satyakiran , i am new to the forum. i never done shell scripts for connecting to the data base (oracle) and fetching the data from the database( thru sql select statements ) i want to know 1. how to connect to the data base(oracle) using shell script 2. how to retrieve data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

run oracle query remotly with shell script

hello how to run shell script to excute oracle queries on remote db ? i have tried as following sqlplus -s user/password@remote_server "select query;" but not working also this one sqlplus -s user/password@remote_server `select query;` not working :( i add this line to run another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to ORACLE through SHELL

Hi, I am trying to connect to oracle database (9.2.0.7.0) through Sun solaris. But I am unable to do so. The content of my script is as follows: Shell Sript: RESULT=`$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus schema/'pwd'@db << EOF set echo on; set feedback on; @/home/count/qry.sql` echo... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect Oracle using shell script at run time

Hi all, I am a newbie.....am jus trying to connect to oracle thro a script, but not thro giving the username/password@server_name directly like `$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password@server_name In the above line, once it is connected to Oracle, it shud ask me the username and password... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a SQL select query in Oracle database through shell script?

I need to run a SQL select query in Oracle database and have to capture the list of retrieved records in shell script. Also i would like to modify the query for certain condition and need to fetch it again. How can i do this? Is there a way to have a persistent connection to oracle database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
9 Replies
lint(1B)                                             SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                             lint(1B)

NAME
lint - C program verifier SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/lint [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/lint is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C program verifier. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint to the C program verifier. /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. /usr/ucb/lint is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/lint.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
/usr/ucb/lint accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directories for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lint/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 lint(1B)