Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Importance of \ [ ] + ? in grep Post 302353794 by thanhdat on Wednesday 16th of September 2009 08:46:35 AM
Old 09-16-2009
Did you test on your system, what did those commands return ?
In my test (with debian 5) it should be :
Code:
$cat test
12qbc
1222 345345
12ABC!!

$egrep -o "12[0-9]+" test

And this command should be translated to : find all numbers starting with 12

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

importance of '/dev' directory

Can any one tell me what is the importance of '/dev' directory in unix. Is there any possibility to get 'root' by using the files stored in this directory. Beleive me this is not for any hacking purpose. just for learning. Hopes a detail reply. thak you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhu
1 Replies

2. Linux

cp first ~/bin what is ~ symbols importance in this.

What would be the importance of ~ in this command. cp first ~/bin Thanks from dumb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singh85
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Importance of LS length in DB exchange start packet (OSPF protocol)?

Is there any importance of LS length in DB exchange packet of OSPF protocol as its should be always be 20 bytes. Is this length to be ignored (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmic_egg
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set HIGH importance to a mail sent through mailx or sendmail command

I have written a script for sending automated email, reporting the running status of a cron scheduled work. Now, the issue is, my Project Manager wants, the mail should be received with HIGH IMPORTANCE. How can I do that, kindly anybody explain. Thank you so much. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitte_dino
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

importance of /var/mail

Hi When an entry will be made to the file /var/mail/<user-id> . I have 100 scripts under a specific user id(dgircc) in cron .SO inrder to check the whether the script has sucessfully run or not and if not to generate an email if i mention the code like #!/bin/ksh -p 2 fsize=`ls -lrt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort names in a list by order of importance

Hi, I have multiple list which is arranged by order of importance. I need to do sorting on these lists based on the last name of the user(initial), if user name does not have initial then first name is initial . Important thing is that the last name in the list is important. If there is two or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pratapsingh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understand the importance of -depth option in find command.

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the importance of -depth of find. I am trying to execute below code.find . -mtime +5 -name "*" -depth -exec ls -l {} \; But it is throwing below error.find: warning: you have specified the -depth option after a non-option argument -mtime,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
2 Replies
DH_AUTO_TEST(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_AUTO_TEST(1)

NAME
dh_auto_test - automatically runs a package's test suites SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_test [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_test is a debhelper program that tries to automatically run a package's test suite. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a test or check target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If the test suite fails, the command will exit nonzero. If there's no test suite, it will exit zero without doing anything. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages with a test suite. If it doesn't work, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_test at all, and just run the test suite manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_test usually passes. NOTES
If the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment variable contains nocheck, no tests will be performed. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_TEST(1)