Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenate some of the rows... Post 302353717 by panyam on Wednesday 16th of September 2009 03:40:46 AM
Old 09-16-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit.Sagpariya
Hi Panyam,

It worrs with nawk. But it works only if the file contains one row. If i have data as below.

Code:
123456_PosWListCSV
                      -----            -----            IN 0/0
123456_PosWlist_S1CSVBox   -----            -----            IN 0/0
123456_PosWList_S1PubCSV 
                      06/17/2008 13:25            06/17/2008 13:47            IN 0/0

The above awk command is not working.

It should come like...

Code:
123456_PosWListCSV   -----            -----            IN 0/0
123456_PosWList_S1PubCSV  06/17/2008 13:25            06/17/2008 13:47            IN 0/0

again the same awk statement works fine for me ( how ever there are few extra spaces need to take care of)
Code:
TEST>awk 'NF==1 {p=$0;next} {$0=p$0;print;p=""}' rem.txt
123456_PosWListCSV                      -----            -----            IN 0/0
123456_PosWList_S1PubCSV                       06/17/2008 13:25                                           06/17/2008 13:47            IN 0/0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate 2 rows into 1 row

I need to search a file for two values (valueA & valueB). ValueA will be on a different row than valueB, and concatenate the two together on the same row of my output. Example: search input file for strings "node" and "OS", combine the two results into one row input node A text text OS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianadoug
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate rows in to 2 files

I have 2 files FILEA 1232342 1232342 2344767 4576823 2325642 FILEB 3472328 2347248 1237123 1232344 8787890 I want the output to go into a 3rd file and look like: FILEC 1232342 3472328 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate two files with different No of rows

need a shell which perform following function file 1 ( every time new data comes) 1212 2323 3434 4545 5656 . . . . file 2 (fixed line) update bc_tbl set aix=data , bix=back where cix=U and serial=; now when i execute shell it will concatinate file 1, file 2 & make file 3 as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting specific rows in large files having rows greater than 100000

Hi Guys, I need help in modifying a large text file containing more than 1-2 lakh rows of data using unix commands. I am quite new to the unix language the text file contains data in a pipe delimited format sdfsdfs sdfsdfsd START_ROW sdfsd|sdfsdfsd|sdfsdfasdf|sdfsadf|sdfasdf... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish2009
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read rows from source file and concatenate output

Hi guys; TBH I am an absolute novice, when it comes to scripting; I do have an idea of the basic commands... Here is my problem; I have a flatfile 'A' containing a single column with multiple rows. I have to create a script which will use 'A' as input and then output a string in in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos_anubis
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to read rows from one file and concatenate to another

Hi guys; TBH I am an absolute novice, when it comes to scripting; I do have an idea of the basic commands... Here is my problem; I have a flatfile 'A' containing a single column with multiple rows. I have to create a script which will use 'A' as input and then output a string in in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos_anubis
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merging rows into new file based on rows and first column

I have 2 files, file01= 7 columns, row unknown (but few) file02= 7 columns, row unknown (but many) now I want to create an output with the first field that is shared in both of them and then subtract the results from the rest of the fields and print there e.g. file 01 James|0|50|25|10|50|30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: A-V
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving or copying first rows and last rows into another file

Hi I would like to move the first 1000 rows of my file into an output file and then move the last 1000 rows into another output file. Any help would be great Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate broken rows

I need to concatenate the rows that are broken (because of carriage return and line feed) in unix. Input 123|456|789|"" 987|786|"GRT "|"" 3455|896|654|456|"" 457|234|"RT"|"PR TY"|"" Output 123|456|789|"" 987|786|"GRT"|"" 3455|896|654|456|"" 457|234|"RT"|"PRTY"|"" (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet_calramz
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate rows and redefine range

I'm trying to find a way to concatenate consecutive rows (key is column $1 and $2) if column $5 an $6 are integers and redefine ranges in columns $3&$4 and $5&$6 Unfortunately I'm still learning the very basics so I cannot figure a way of doing this with awk. Input file 15 30 21 21 25.0... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
11 Replies
funtablerowput(3)						SAORD Documentation						 funtablerowput(3)

NAME
FunTableRowPut - put Funtools rows SYNOPSIS
int FunTableRowPut(Fun fun, void *rows, int nev, int idx, char *plist) DESCRIPTION
The FunTableRowPut() routine writes rows to a FITS binary table, taking its input from an array of user structs that contain column values selected by a previous call to FunColumnSelect(). Selected column values are automatically converted from native data format to FITS data format as necessary. The first argument is the Fun handle associated with this row data. The second rows argument is the array of user structs to output. The third nrow argument specifies the number number of rows to write. The routine will write nrow records, starting from the location speci- fied by rows. The fourth idx argument is the index of the first raw input row to write, in the case where rows from the user buffer are being merged with their raw input row counterparts (see below). Note that this idx value is has nothing to do with the row buffer specified in argument 1. It merely matches the row being written with its corresponding (hidden) raw row. Thus, if you read a number of rows, process them, and then write them out all at once starting from the first user row, the value of idx should be 0: Ev ebuf, ev; /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (ebuf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* process all rows */ for(i=0; i<got; i++){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = ebuf+i; ... } /* write out this batch of rows, starting with the first */ FunTableRowPut(fun2, (char *)ebuf, got, 0, NULL); /* free row data */ if( ebuf ) free(ebuf); } On the other hand, if you write out the rows one at a time (possibly skipping rows), then, when writing the i'th row from the input array of rows, set idx to the value of i: Ev ebuf, ev; /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (ebuf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* process all rows */ for(i=0; i<got; i++){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = ebuf+i; ... /* write out the current (i.e., i'th) row */ FunTableRowPut(fun2, (char *)ev, 1, i, NULL); } /* free row data */ if( ebuf ) free(ebuf); } The final argument is a param list string that is not currently used. The routine returns the number of rows output. This should be equal to the value passed in the third nrow</B argument. When FunTableRowPut() is first called for a given binary table, Funtools checks to see of the primary header has already been written (either by writing a previous row table or by writing an image.) If not, a dummy primary header is written to the file specifying that an extension should be expected. After this, a binary table header is automatically written containing information about the columns that will populate this table. In addition, if a Funtools reference handle was specified when this table was opened, the parameters from this Funtools reference handle are merged into the new binary table header. In a typical Funtools row loop, you read rows using FunTableRowGet()() and write rows using FunTableRowPut(). The columns written by FunT- ableRowPut()() are those defined as writable by a previous call to FunColumnSelect(). If that call to FunColumnSelect also specified merge=[update|replace|append], then the entire corresponding raw input row record will be merged with the output row according to the merge specification (see FunColumnSelect() above). A call to write rows can either be done once, after all rows in the input batch have been processed, or it can be done (slightly less effi- ciently) one row at a time (or anything in between). We do recommend that you write all rows associated with a given batch of input rows before reading new rows. This is required if you are merging the output rows with the raw input rows (since the raw rows are destroyed with each successive call to get new rows). For example: Ev buf, ev; ... /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (buf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = buf + i; .... process } /* write out this batch of rows */ FunTableRowPut(fun2, buf, got, 0, NULL); /* free row data */ if( buf ) free(buf); } or Ev buf, ev; ... /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (buf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* process all rows */ for(i=0; i<got; i++){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = buf + i; ... process /* write out this batch of rows with the new column */ if( dowrite ) FunTableRowPut(fun2, buf, 1, i, NULL); } /* free row data */ if( buf ) free(buf); } Note that the difference between these calls is that the first one outputs got rows all at once and therefore passes idx=0 in argument four, so that merging starts at the first raw input row. In the second case, a check it made on each row to see if it needs to be output. If so, the value of idx is passed as the value of the i variable which points to the current row being processed in the batch of input rows. As shown above, successive calls to FunTableRowPut() will write rows sequentially. When you are finished writing all rows in a table, you should call FunFlush() to write out the FITS binary table padding. However, this is not necessary if you subsequently call FunClose() with- out doing any other I/O to the FITS file. Note that FunTableRowPut() also can be called as FunEventsPut(), for backward compatibility. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funtablerowput(3)