Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab problem
Operating Systems Solaris Crontab problem Post 302353713 by beginningDBA on Wednesday 16th of September 2009 03:15:17 AM
Old 09-16-2009
I found out that it is due to the new user does not have an existing cron job. I added a cron job in it and it is working fine already. SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab problem

Hi, I trying to include a script in my crontab as user. I used "crontab -e" to include my script there but does not seem to work. If I understand correctly it is set to run at 11:20 every day, correct? Can anybody identify any error? <pre> #Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.7 Generic... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab problem

HI, i am working on linux. i have crontab problem i wrote a small script and put it in a crontab . but the script is not running.. i have given following way in crontab -e 02 06 * * * /bin/csh /home/vr_test.csh but the above script is not running please rectify my... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
26 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with crontab

I'm trying to get crontab to run a script, but to test crontab I tried out a very simple command: `echo bob` here is my crontab file (I edited it by using `crontab -e`): ----------------- #!/bin/sh 23 10 * * * echo bob and at 10:23 every day I get a new message: in /var/mail/a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with crontab

i added to my crontab file: * * * * * echo "hello" it works, i receive a message into my /var/mail/username and i receive: bob in addition to a large text add-on any help appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi all while using crontab -e im receiving 754 as output im unable to add a entry in crontab crontab -l is working fine OS: sun5.8 can some one please assist me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Problem

Dear All , I have .sh script wich has the following inside getFileName=Listportfolio.txt.`date +'%Y%m%d` ftp -n 172.10.10.1<<EOF user xxx xxx bin cd /home/gbs/FTP_Script get /home/gbs/FTP_Script/$getFileName bye EOF EOF when I run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in crontab

Hi All, Am facing an issue while updating the crontab.Getting below error while updating the cron. cron/tmp.XXXX5fXBR6: No space left on device crontab: edits left in /tmp/crontab.XXXXEJX5gw Is there any file where i need to alter using root user so that i can update the cron. TIA... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
9 Replies

8. AIX

Crontab problem

Hi to all. Guys, i have a truble with oracle user crontab. He work if i'm do 0-59 * * * * echo LOL> ~/test.txt But not work if me set realy norm date For example 14 17 28 12 * echo LOL> ~/test.txt In 17:14 28 December . In log file /var/adm/cron/log nothing.... Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi.. i have a program (tf.sh), and i want what it runs automatically with a "lapsus" of 2 hours. (1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23 hrs.) i know what i have to do it using crontab, but i donīt know how to do it. i have the next idea, but the problem is what it doesnīt run on my server... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
11 Replies

10. Solaris

problem with crontab

hi all does any on has explanation for this result bash-3.00$ crontab -e "/var/tmp/Ex1kayUW" No space left on device The crontab file was not changed. bash-3.00$ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmannix
2 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)