Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: chvirprt and tray 1
Operating Systems AIX chvirprt and tray 1 Post 302353672 by imad77 on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 11:52:04 PM
Old 09-16-2009
chvirprt and tray 1

Hi,

I'm not able to print on tray 1. I checked the configuration and I get
these 3 options:

$lsvirprt -q print1 -d hp@xprint -a _O

Name Description Value
_O Type of INPUT PAPER HANDLING (backward 1
compatibility purpose only)

$ lsvirprt -q print1 -d hp@xprint -a _u

Name Description Value
_u Input PAPER SOURCE 6

$ lsvirprt -q print1 -d hp@xprint -a _Q

Name Description Value
_Q PAPER SIZE override for input paper source %IwQ

But it prints on tray2, my goal is to be able to print on tray 1 and
I
have to put the papers manually.

Have you any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Imad

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tray selection using lp command

I have a HP laserjet 9000 printer on a Sun Solaris server. I try to print using lp command to different trays. But it gives an error. The command that i used is lp -dprinter_queue -otray2 file_name (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avinashrm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the default print tray in Unix

I have a unix based app that I'm trying to print to an HP Laserjet 4050n but it keeps defaulting to Tray 1. I need it to print to Tray 3. When I print to the printer from a windows based app it prints to the correct tray specified. It was printing ok previously but I had to to a cold reset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tnix
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tray selection

Hello All, Could anyone help me how to selecting the trays in unix . Thanks, Amit kul (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit kul
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Laserjet 4+ specify tray to print to

Is it possible to specify the tray you would like to print to in AIX? We are using the laserjet 4+ driver. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
0 Replies

5. AIX

printer tray and blank separator issues

Hi, I experience some issues with my new print queues that I created in AIX (smitty). This following print queue is dedicated to print on tray 1 and the user have to put the paper manually, the jobs should be executed without separator page. But when we print on this queue, the job is executed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imad77
1 Replies

6. Solaris

d240 media tray is automatically restarting on sunfire 6800

d240 media tray(domain C) is which is connected to SUNFIRE 6800 (DOMAIN C),automatically restarting.remaining domains A and B are working fine..why i dont know..with out human intervention this domain is restarting automatically for 3 to 4 days in a day..plz solve this problem.why like this going... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
4 Replies

7. Hardware

Fan Tray for Sunfire T2000

Recently the rear fan assembly of one of our T2000 servers went faulty. I could replace it immediately with the one from a currently powered off standby machine. But now this one has to be replaced. So I got a quote from our supplier who charges EUR 776 for a new spare part or EUR 405 (all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
0 Replies

8. Linux

Required Icon Tray in Linux

Hello I am using linux machine. I need Icon tray in this. "Icon Tray" contains all the icons which we open in the workspace. As such, these icons appear at the bottom (similar to windows i.e.when we open internetexplorer, Word, XLs, these icons appear in the bottom) I have to open so many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
3 Replies
pcfof(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  pcfof(8)

NAME
pcfof - Generic print filter for ANSI, PCL, and multi-language PostScript printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/pcfof +Bbanner-tray +Cfilename.pcf [-n login] [-h host] [...] [accounting-file] OPTIONS
Use of the print options is dependent on the features available on the print device, and on the current status of those features. For example, selection of a particular paper size and orientation requires that appropriate paper is correctly loaded in the paper trays avail- able on the print device. Options in /etc/printcap Specifies the default tray name to select for printing the banner page. For example: :of=/usr/lbin/pcfof +Bupper +Cln17.pcf: In this example, the banner page will be printed on whatever paper is currently loaded into the upper tray on the selected print device. Specifies the name of the printer configuration file to use for this print job. Specifies the default tray name to select for printing the file. For example: :if=/usr/lbin/pcfof +Iupper +Cln17.pcf: Specifies the default tray name to select for printing the trailer page. For example: :of=/usr/lbin/pcfof +Tlower +Cln17.pcf: This command is useful of you want to use colored paper as a divider between print jobs. Specifies the default tray name to select to place the printed pages. For example: :if=/usr/lbin/pcfof +olower +Cln17.pcf: Print Filter Options Specifies the host name of the job owner. Specifies the amount of indentation. This value controls how far the print image appears from the edge of the page. Specifies the login name of the job owner. Specifies the tray where the printed pages are placed. See the -I option for information on printer configuration files. Specifies the page width in columns. Selects printer features but does not perform any file processing. Specifies the tray name from which print paper is selected. To find the available options, view the printer configura- tion file (.pcf file) specified in the /etc/printcap file by the if entry. For example: :if=/usr/lbin/pcfof +Cln17.pcf: The ln17.pcf pcf file is located in /usr/lbin/pcf/ln17.pcf. The pcf file header provides additional information on available tray options. Specifies the number of sides to print on each sheet. You can specify sides as follows: Print on one side of the sheet. Print on both sides of the sheet. Specifies options related to page orientation and printing of text files. The option-list argu- ment can include one option or multiple options that are separated by commas (no embedded spaces). The following settings for page orientation are valid for both PostScript or text files: The printed output is parallel to the short side of the page. The printed output is parallel to the long side of the page. The following options are available for printing text (not PostScript) files: Print even numbered pages. Reduce the number of lines on a page to n lines. Print odd numbered pages. Perform codeset conversion if codeset-name is different from the codeset component of the current locale and if the appropriate codeset converter is installed on the system. See iconv_intro(5) for information about codeset conversion. Print the pages of a file within the start and end parameters. When start is not specified, printing starts at page 0. When end is not specified, printing continues to the end of the file. The file header may specify additional printer-specific options. (See the description of the -I option for the location of files.) OPERANDS
Specifies the file in which accounting information will be recorded. DESCRIPTION
The pcfof filter is a generic print filter that can be used with text and PostScript files and handle printer device dependencies. The type of printer that the filter is supporting is determined by the printer configuration file (.pcf file) that is specified by the +C option. The Tru64 UNIX product includes files for a variety of printers. In addition, a template file (/usr/lbin/pcf/template.pcf) is available for the system administrator to customize for use with additional printers. The pcfof filter should be specified for both the of and the if entries in the /etc/printcap file. Use the wwpsof filter when you want to print files in languages for which printer-resident fonts are not available. See the wwpsof(8) ref- erence page for more information. EXIT STATUS
An error has occurred. ERRORS
The /etc/printcap error log field, lf, is used to specify the name of the error log file. SEE ALSO
Commands: cancel(1), lpr(1), pr(1), printer(1), pac(8), thailpof(8), wwpsof(8) Files: printcap(4) Others: i18n_printing(5) System Administration pcfof(8)