Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find duplicate filenames and remove in different mount point Post 302353669 by thegeek on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 11:26:03 PM
Old 09-16-2009
lot of open source tools are available in sourceforge, as
fdupes & finddup and so on.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount point

hi people, I'm trying to create a mount point, but am having no sucess at all, with the following: mount -F ufs /dev/dsk/diskname /newdirectory but i keep getting - mount-point /newdirectory doesn't exist. What am i doing wrong/missing? Thanks Rc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar contains duplicate filenames

I have a problem where tar is somehow creating duplicate filenames when tarring a directory. Doing an ls on the directory does not show any duplicate filenames, yet when the directory is tarred, you can see that there are duplicates: bash-2.03# pwd /var/log/cricket bash-2.03# ls -1 | sort |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicate Filenames in 2 very large directories

Hello Gurus, O/S RHEL4 I have a requirement to compare two linux based directories for duplicate filenames and remove them. These directories are close to 2 TB each. I have tried running a: Prompt>diff -r data1/ data2/ I have tried this as well: jason@jason-desktop:~$ cat script.sh ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find & remove characters in filenames

I have a group of files in different directories with characters such as " ? : in the file names. How do I find these files and remove these characters on mass? Thanks (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and remove duplicate record and print list

Gents, I needs to delete duplicate values and only get uniq values based in columns 2-27 Always we should keep the last record found... I need to store one clean file and other with the duplicate values removed. Input : S3033.0 7305.01 0 420123.8... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find a mount point on multiple server

Hi, I have to find a mount point called... /opt/recall on multiple servers.. .Could someone give me a suggestion on how I could do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mount Point is locked

Hi there, I have a mount point that is locked. How do I unlocked it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
FS_LSMOUNT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_LSMOUNT(1)

NAME
fs_lsmount - Reports the volume for which a directory is the mount point. SYNOPSIS
fs lsmount -dir <directory>+ [-help] fs ls -d <directory>+ [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs lsmount command reports the volume for which each specified directory is a mount point, or indicates with an error message that a directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS. To create a mount point, use the fs mkmount command. To remove one, use the fs rmmount command. OPTIONS
-dir <directory>+ Names the directory that serves as a mount point for a volume. The last element in the pathname provided must be an actual name, not a shorthand notation such as one or two periods ("." or ".."). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If the specified directory is a mount point, the output is of the following form: '<directory>' is a mount point for volume '<volume name>' where o A number sign ("#") precedes the <volume name> string for a regular mount point. o A percent sign ("%") precedes the <volume name> string for a read/write mount point. o A cell name and colon (":") follow the number or percent sign and precede the <volume name> string for a cellular mount point. The fs mkmount reference page explains how the Cache Manager interprets each of the three types of mount points. If the directory is a symbolic link to a mount point, the output is of the form: '<directory>' is a symbolic link, leading to a mount point for volume '<volume name>' If the directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS, the output reads: '<directory>' is not a mount point. If the output is garbled, it is possible that the mount point has become corrupted in the local AFS client cache. Use the fs flushmount command to discard it, which forces the Cache Manager to refetch the mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the mount point for the home directory of user "smith": % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com/usr/smith '/afs/abc.com/usr/smith' is a mount point for volume '#user.smith' The following example shows both the regular and read/write mount points for the ABC Corporation cell's "root.cell" volume. % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com '/afs/abc.com' is a mount point for volume '#root.cell' % fs lsmount /afs/.abc.com '/afs/.abc.com' is a mount point for volume '%root.cell' The following example shows a cellular mount point: the State University cell's "root.cell" volume as mounted in the ABC Corporation cell's tree. % fs lsmount /afs/stateu.edu '/afs/stateu.edu' is a mount point for volume '#stateu.edu:root.cell' PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "l" (lookup) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -dir argument, and on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_flushmount(1), fs_mkmount(1), fs_rmmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_LSMOUNT(1)