Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting the output of a script Post 302353543 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 02:29:34 PM
Old 09-15-2009
use printf to print o/p
if you know the length of the longest dir name then you can easily format it if not calculate it and format
for ex:
Code:
printf("%-20s%-3s",diname,file_count)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Script Output

Hello all, Can somebody please offer some advice. I'm working on a small script to list all packages on the local and remote systems and need it in the following format. Machine Name, Package, Version Here is what i have so far but i can't seem to get the output of the hostname to loop to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Sar Output script

Hi, We have 2 scripts below for reporting sar output which are pretty same. In first script i want to add to the program whatever is given in the comments. In second script I want to use while true to run this program every hour and everything that is in comment. Finally I want to club... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the query output using shell script

Hi All, I'm finding it difficult to format the query output that was returned in a shell script. Actually i have one shell script which does some DB stuff and depending on the result it will do some more tasks. My question here is to format the query output returned by mysql. Intitally my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql select command output formatting in shell script

Hi, I need to connect to the database and retrieve two variables from the database and store them in a variable,out of these two variables I need to get lastdigit appended to the variable 1 retrieved and variable 2 with out any modification in short select var,data from usage; o/p=... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with output formatting

Hey can anyone help me with newline formatting? i bet someone will ask why im rewriting du code, im trying to write a simple script that have slightly different function than du lol.... echo $(du "$dval" | tr ' ' '\n') atm with above code it will printout i've tried sed and awk... cant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in formatting output of SQL query in excel sheet in shell script

Hi Guys.. Need your help to format the output of my shell script. I am using spool command to take out put in csv file. below is my code. (for example) col USERNAME for a15 col EMAIL for a30 col FULL_NAME for a20 col LAST_LOGIN for a40 col DATE_CREATED for a40 SPOOL 120.csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Shell script output to Excel

I am facing a problem formatting the output of my shell script in excel. We are directing the output of the script to an excel sheet and need long integer type data printed in Excel as it is (i.e. not in the default scientific notation). Also, leading zeroes(if any) in the output are getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bornali.p
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output of script

I'm looking for a way to neaten up the out put of an ldapquery. I might get one, none, or several returns for each query; and each query consists of multiple lines. And while each return will contain the same types of info, it might be in a different order, like: uniq: 1 ip: 192.168.2.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Query in Shell Script output formatting

Hi All, #!/bin/ksh call_sql () { sql=$1 sqlplus -s $sqlparam_sieb <<EOF SET ECHO OFF; SET NEWPAGE NONE; SET SQLBL OFF; SET VERIFY OFF; SET LINESIZE 2000; SET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Script Output in Outlook Formatting Issue

When i execute the below shell script with 2 different Input files, for one of the data files (datafile1) my email message body in the outlook messes up and every thing comes up in one line. May i please know what i am doing wrong here or how to fix this? The only difference in data files is one is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)