Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problems with template instantiation in C++ Post 302353481 by Gunther on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 12:08:11 PM
Old 09-15-2009
I'm sorry that I'm answering only now, have been on vacation.

Quote:
and instantiated in line 253.
What are you trying to do in line 253? Call the function? It looks like a wrongly declared function, e.g.
Code:
template istream

doesn't make any sense.
The same thing applies to the code from line 276 onwards.

If you want to instantiate the functions, which simply means calling a templated function with specific data types substituted for the template parameters, you have to pass the actual parameters as you would normally do.

A correct version of intended call starting in line 276 would look like this:
Code:
// Only because istream is a typedef of an instantiation
// of the basic_istream template, the following function
// call is correct.
/* typedef basic_istream<char, char_traits<char> > istream; */

istream& refToIstream = control
/*
    // This part (the explicit template arguments
    // specification) is superfluous, because
    // the data types can be derived from the
    // actual parameters.
    <char, char_traits<char>,                     
    <char, char_traits<char>> >
*/
// This parameters are actual parameters.
// So you must not specify their types.
(
);

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

About template constraints

Hi, i have class template, 1)can i override the copy constructor 2)can we have virtual function in class template if not plz tel why? I tried , compile error comes for me... Thanks Sarwan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi calling template

Hello. I want to copy temp files when I make a new file by vi. For example, 09:32:52 ~/ $ mkdir test 09:33:03 ~/ $ cd test/ 09:33:09 ~/test/ $ ls 09:33:16 ~/test/ $ vi test.cpp 09:34:37 ~/test/ $ cat test.cpp #include <iostream> int main() { } 09:34:48 ~/test/ $ vi test.bash 09:35:19... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Euler04
1 Replies

3. Programming

Template problem ...

Hi all, Need your help. I am doing a simple template program , getting some error ... here is the code #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include<iostream> #include<string> #include <sstream> using namespace std; class Base_class { public: Base_class(){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amartya_sock
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with template like solution

hi experts, i'm trying to do this: file1 is a template. might have kinds of 'funny' characters. sample: <body> <form> <p><input type="text" name="abc"/></p> &nbsp; <p><my_content></p> </form> </body> file2 is a file that contains lots of text. this might be very big. might have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xjohnu
2 Replies

5. Programming

C++ template error

I get some compiling errors about template instantiation :wall: , but I can't find where the syntax errors happens. Can some help me? template<typename Type> class SingleList; template<typename Type> class SingleListNode{ private: friend class SingleList<Type>; SingleListNode() :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies

6. Programming

Calling template at once

Hello Again, I am just wanted to know if we can call the Template using "require_once" at PHP? Any views around happy to discuss. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
2 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). config.guess (2005-09-19) September 2005 CONFIG.GUESS(1)