Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unzip archives on the server
Top Forums Web Development unzip archives on the server Post 302353176 by aneuryzma on Monday 14th of September 2009 05:43:42 PM
Old 09-14-2009
unzip archives on the server

hi,

what's the command to unzip zip files on the server ?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar archives

I have a tar archive which I believe may be corrupted, produced on an HP-UX 10.x box and written to a 4mm DDS-3 tape. I understand that gnu tar has a -W (--verify) option which will attempt to verify the archive after it has been created. Am I right in saying that this option cannot be used to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

segmenting tar archives

assuming i need to create a tar archive which would turn out to be bigger than 2gb, how could i segment the archive into say, 1 gb parts? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crudealien
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

flash archives

HI, are you supposed to run flarcreate in multi user mode? or should you do it in single user? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Archives

I have a few small files that I need to put into a shar file called endshar. It'd be nice to get a little help in getting this to work, I can't really find any documentation on the internet and the bits I can find aren't really helpful. Any help would be great. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Visage
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Flash Archives - A little bit of help :-)

Hi all Okay, I know how to make flash archives, and I even know how to split them and extract files. But, Ive never used one to restore an OS drive and I might have to. Ive search around google, and seen different ideas / ways, but havent really come to a definate answer. So, lets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to pull Archives from Server A to Server B

Hi all, Iam looking out for a script which pulls archive logs from Server A to Server B. At the same time we donot want the archives to be deleted from Server A. Request you to please help me on this. Thanks, Vivek (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivi.raghav
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the .zip file without using unzip utility in UNIX

I have .zip file, i want to list all the files archived in the zip file. unzip utility is not working for me in unix. Please help me resolve this issue Thanks ganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
3 Replies
ZIPMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ZIPMERGE(1)

NAME
zipmerge - merge zip archives SYNOPSIS
zipmerge [-DhIiSsV] target-zip source-zip Op source-zip ... DESCRIPTION
zipmerge merges the source zip archives source-zip into the target zip archive target-zip. By default, files in the source zip archives overwrite existing files of the same name in the target zip archive. Supported options: -D Ignore directory components in file name comparisons. -h Display a short help message and exit. -I Ignore case in file name comparisons -i Ask before overwriting files. See also -s. -S Do not overwrite files that have the same size and CRC32 in both the source and target archives. -s When -i is given, do not before overwriting files that have the same size and CRC32. -V Display version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
zipmerge exits 0 on success and 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
zipcmp(1), ziptorrent(1), libzip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH June 4, 2008 ZIPMERGE(1)