Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help me name a fictional cat
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Help me name a fictional cat Post 302353052 by mazzz_in_Leeds on Monday 14th of September 2009 11:25:07 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro
How could I forget: Apache TomCat!
It would have to be a male cat then!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `cat myname.txt` && for y in `cat yourname.txt`

cat myname.txt John Doe I John Doe II John Doe III ----------------------------------------------------------------------- for i in `cat myname.txt` do echo This is my name: $i >> thi.is.my.name.txt done ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danimad
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat of rows

Hello, I'm starting from the scratch with Unix, and I was wondering if you could give me an answer for this problem... I've got a column with different names of files, something like: ./file1 ./file2 ... Now, I would like to show the content of each file. The column with the names comes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalius88
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cat command

I believe I used the cat command to append a file beside another file (instead of below it) but I did not document it any where and I can't remember exactly how I did it. Has anyone else done this? I have tried all the cat options individually with no luck. It may be a combination of options. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat and export

I have a file named filelist. the content is a list of files including the path. $ cat filelist $curdir/test1 $curdir/test2 I want to cat each file in the list, such as cat $curdir/test1, cat $curdir/test2. (The $curdir has been exported). it can't open the test1/test2, it can't change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven_TTG
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat command help

I want to concatenate 100 files to one file and append file name in each record to find out which file it came from for a in $(<shal_group) do cat $a >> bigoutput.group The above code put all files in one file but i want file name appended to each file Record should be like this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

for cat help

Hi there, I have the following problem. I have a csv file which looks like 'AGI,ABJ,Y,Y,Y,None,EQUATION,ANY,ANY,None,' 'AGI,ABJ,Y,Y,Y,None,EQUATION HEAVY,ANY,ANY,None,' 'AGI,ABJ,Y,Y,Y,None,VARIATION,ANY,ANY,None,' but I do this for ab in $(cat test.csv); do echo $ab; done in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickboy
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cat with << >>

Hi, When I was analyzing the code I got below line. cat - << 'EOF' >> ${FILE PATH} I surfed net to understand but I couldn't get what is about. Please help me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
2 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)