Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Else part is not working in my script Post 302353049 by methyl on Monday 14th of September 2009 11:18:07 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Code:
When no errors are found, the condition condenses down to:

if [ 0 -o 0 -o 0 -gt 0 ]

Or:
(zero) OR (zero) OR (zero greater than zero)

I think that this condition is always TRUE regardless of the error counts.

Try repeating the comparison between each "-o" .

if [ $(grep -c ERROR Device.log) -gt 0 -o $(grep -c ERROR device gen.log) -gt 0 -o $(grep -c ERROR Driver.log) -gt  0 ]; then

Last edited by methyl; 09-14-2009 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: typo

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing part of header with part of detailed records.

Hi there, I am lil confused with the following issue. I have a File, which has the following header: IMSHRATE_043008_101016 a sample detailed record is :9820101 A982005000CAVG030108000000000000010169000MAR 2008 9820102 MAR 2008 D030108 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working..."sort" not working properly....

Hello all, I have a file - 12.txt cat 12.txt =============================================== Number of executions = 2 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.009883 Number of executions = 8 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.001270 Number of... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not working from cron while working manually

Hello, I am facing a very strange problem when I run my script manuallu ./Fetchcode which is using to connect with MKS integrity from linux end it workks fine but when I run it from cron it doesn't work.Can someone help me 1) How could I check my script when it is running from cron like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Part of string with script

Hi All, I have few files named. abcd.docx abcde.doc abcdef.temp I wish if I could extract the string upto .(dot),and not the extension. Thanks a lot. Kind regards, Indranil. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last part of script to remote host not working...

Hi, I got most of the script working, last part which does the ssh to remote and execute the command not working. for SSH in ${HostList}; do echo ${SSH} echo "" SSH2SEND=ssh user@${SSH} curl -v $URL echo $SSH2SEND done error message I am getting ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a loop to read the input from a file part by part?

Hi All, We've a VDI infrastructure in AWS (AWS workspaces) and we're planning to automate the process of provisioning workspaces. Instead of going to GUI console, and launching workspaces by selecting individual users is little time consuming. Thus, I want to create them in bunches from AWS CLI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
6 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)