Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: */5 not working in AIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting */5 not working in AIX Post 302353035 by mac4rfree on Monday 14th of September 2009 10:13:44 AM
Old 09-14-2009
can you explain the wrapper script.. i did not understand that..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

^P Not working on AIX.

I'm working on an AIX box, and I generall prefer emacs command line editing in ksh. Most control-commands are working, except not control-P (Recall previous command). ksh set - o emacs ^p Does not result in the expected outcome. does anyone know why this might be? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
0 Replies

2. AIX

prtconf command not working in Aix 5.3

put prtconf command,after show this error message: bash-3.00# prtconf /usr/sbin/prtconf: msize=msize + 12544^J12544: syntax error pleae help me...........waiting for replay by mohan.s Aix sysadmin (deleted email, rule violation) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohan62
2 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP 5.4 with AIX 5300-10 not working

I have two IBM_9110-51A boxes OS - fresh installs 5764-G03 TL 5300-10-00 disks dated 5/2009 HACMP - fresh installs HACMP for AIX 5L Base V5.4 5765-F62 dated 7/2006 Bottom line for smit output attempting 2 node cluster config ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrKillPatient
2 Replies

4. AIX

suid not working on AIX ?

Hello, I'm running AIX 6.1 box. I tried to use suid on binary file but it doesn't work. (I set suid on /usr/bin/sleep and tried to run it as user1(sleep owner is bin) - and program still runs as user1. It shoud run as bin isn't it ? - This test run as expected on Linux box) Filesystem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rm -rf not working on AIX 6.1

Hi Guys, I have never seen this happen before, but created a directory as a user when installing some software, software install fails so I try and remove the directory as root and get an error. There is no processes using the folder see output: ls -l total 446336 -rwxr----- 1 u0008862... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
2 Replies

6. AIX

rssh not working in AIX 6.1

edit by bakunin: double post SNIPped. Hi, I have a similar problem with my AIX 6.1. In AIX 5.3, I have successfully implemented rssh for the caging of my SFTP users. Since we just upgraded to AIX 6.1 TL6 SP7, the rssh does not work. The SFTP works when the user's shell is set to ksh, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eddie.lee
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ssh stopped working AIX

I Was able to ssh into the AIX box. now i cannot When I run the command to start it it comes back that is was started, but still does not work. Here is a shot i what i see # server:/> lslpp -l | grep ssh openssh.base.client 4.3.0.5201 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command not working on AIX

Hello, I am running find command in an AIX Server to find last 7 days modified directories/files. >cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class >ls -l total 0 drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 May 28 2014 Catalog-Backup drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 Sep 18 2012 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error in AIX but working in UX

MENU_INTRO(){ date="`date`" HOSTNAME="`hostname`" if ; then cols=$2 else cols=2 fi clear now=`date +%A,%B-%d-%Y@%H:%M:%S` echo " -: INFORMIX DBA MENU :- " echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora132010
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX 4.3 - Need help - Printers not working

I am running an old IBM P-Series server running AIX 4.3 (I know a dinosaur). The OS has not been updated. We had a hard drive failure last weekend, and I was able to get most of the system back up, however, I have 3 line printers and 3 label printers that I can not get working. I have tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patrick.Crocker
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)