Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Telnet in unix Post 302353019 by fpmurphy on Monday 14th of September 2009 09:14:34 AM
Old 09-14-2009
On the new machine, check that inetd is running.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix Commands for Telnet

Hi I am new to unix. I have a question: what are all the unix commands that I have to do for telnet for my site www.supremexbox.com. My server is www.your-site.com. Please help me. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorcerer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet in UNIX

I would like to know if there exist any diference between the telnet in UNIX and Windows. the probles is when I try to connect through a socket to a server running unix i don't receive a response. Connecting with the same source code to a windows server I receive response (the initial message and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ferreat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet to server from unix

i need to automate a process in which i telnet to a server, execute some PGP commands and return. i need to do this from a script on our Unix server. All attempts have failed. i get the expected message defining the escape character, but no attempt to login is made. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgard
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

can ping but can not telnet UNIX

I have one problem and it is giving me hard time I can ping my windows machine root@x1ChXpress:/sbin >ping 192.168.129.66 192.168.129.66 is alive root@x1ChXpress:/sbin >netstat -rn Routing Table: Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

question about telnet to HP unix 11

When using telnet connect to HP unix 10, it will get a pty/ttyxx terminal, but using telnet connect to HP unix 11, it will get a pts/tx terminal. I want to ask is, can I using telnet connect to HP unix 11 and get a pty/ttyxx terminal ?? :confused: thx a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetadhell
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Telnet session

Hi Is there any way whilst in a telnet session you can view your client machine name that you are using to connect to the Unix box ? :eek: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

telnet from unix to dos

hi eveybody, i use sco unix as server and dos as client . how i can connect from unix server to dos client ( how to telnet to dos and run commands?)? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrb78
1 Replies

8. SCO

telnet from unix to dos

hi eveybody, i use sco unix as server and dos as client . how i can connect from unix server to dos client ( how to telnet to dos and run commands?)? thanks. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

telnet from unix to dos

hi eveybody, i use sco unix as server and dos as client . how i can connect from unix server to dos client ( how to telnet to dos and run commands?)? thanks. (8 Replies)
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to UNIX through telnet

I have setup a new UNIX system for a client in Cali. The issue I am having is I do not remember how or what to set in the server to allow connectivity to the server using "telnet" If anyone can help, it will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlong
4 Replies
rdate(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 rdate(1M)

NAME
rdate - set system date from a remote host SYNOPSIS
rdate hostname DESCRIPTION
rdate sets the local date and time from the hostname given as an argument. You must have the authorization solaris.system.date on the local system. Typically, rdate is used in a startup script. The inetd daemon responds to rdate requests. To enable inetd response, the lines invoking the time command in inetd.conf must not be com- mented out. USAGE
The rdate command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmdc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), ip6(7P) SunOS 5.10 15 Feb 2001 rdate(1M)