Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep multiple rows from file. Post 302353010 by malcomex999 on Monday 14th of September 2009 08:48:15 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Code:

awk -v t="\"" '/^\"?At/&&NR==FNR{gsub(t,"",$1);a[$1]=1;next}
 {if(a[$1]) print}' file1 file2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle multiple rows in a file

I have a FILE a.txt which has the following data 113901.94,113901.94,56950.97,56950.97,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 10693.04,10693.04,5346.52,5346.52,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 1901.94,1901.94,550.97,550.97,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 103.04,103.04,53.52,53.52,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING #### This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting rows into multiple-rows

Hi every one; I have a file with 22 rows and 13 columns which includes floating numbers. I want to parse the file so that every five columns in the row would be a new record (row). For example, the first line in the old file should be converted into three lines with first two lines contain 5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PHL
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split single rows to multiple rows ..

Hi pls help me out to short out this problem rm PAB113_011.out rm: PAB113_011.out: override protection 644 (yes/no)? n If i give y it remove the file. But i added the rm command as a part of ksh file and i tried to remove the file. Its not removing and the the file prompting as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to table to extract multiple rows into file from unix script

I need to extract the data from oracle table and written the below code. But it is not working.There is some problem with the query and output is shown is No rows selected" . If I run the same query from sql developer there is my required output. And if I run the shell script with simple sql... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write the total number of rows in multiple files into another file

Hello Friends, I know you all are busy and inteligent too... I am stuck with one small issue if you can help me then it will be really great. My problem is I am having some files i.e. Input.txt1 Input.txt2 Input.txt3 Now my task is I need to check the total number of rows in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaya kumar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to grep rows by multiple fields

Hello, I met a challenge to extract part of the table. I'd like to grep the first three matches based on field1 and field2. Input: D A 92.85 1315 83 11 D A 95.90 757 28 3 D A 94.38 480 20 7 D A 91.21 307 21 6 D A 94.26 244 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get multiple rows from a file?

Gents, I have a big file, where I would like to get some rows.. Then file1 contains. Obs_Report_Result : Shot_Report : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace multiple strings in a file with multiple filenames in a file

Hi, I have a file containing list of strings like i: Pink Yellow Green and I have file having list of file names in a directory j : a b c d Where j contains of a ,b,c,d are as follows a: Pink (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madabhg
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies
COMBINE(1)																COMBINE(1)

NAME
combine - combine sets of lines from two files using boolean operations SYNOPSIS
combine file1 and file2 combine file1 not file2 combine file1 or file2 combine file1 xor file2 _ file1 and file2 _ _ file1 not file2 _ _ file1 or file2 _ _ file1 xor file2 _ DESCRIPTION
combine combines the lines in two files. Depending on the boolean operation specified, the contents will be combined in different ways: and Outputs lines that are in file1 if they are also present in file2. not Outputs lines that are in file1 but not in file2. or Outputs lines that are in file1 or file2. xor Outputs lines that are in either file1 or file2, but not in both files. "-" can be specified for either file to read stdin for that file. The input files need not be sorted, and the lines are output in the order they occur in file1 (followed by the order they occur in file2 for the two "or" operations). Bear in mind that this means that the operations are not commutative; "a and b" will not necessarily be the same as "b and a". To obtain commutative behavior sort and uniq the result. Note that this program can be installed as "_" to allow for the syntactic sugar shown in the latter half of the synopsis (similar to the test/[ command). It is not currently installed as "_" by default, but you can alias it to that if you like. SEE ALSO
join(1) AUTHOR
Copyright 2006 by Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Licensed under the GNU GPL. moreutils 2012-04-09 COMBINE(1)