Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to parse the file in xml format using awk/nawk Post 302352984 by malcomex999 on Monday 14th of September 2009 07:08:33 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Another way with awk...
Code:

awk -F"<d>" '{print $1","$2,"\n"$1","$3}' f1 | tr -d '<[a-z]>' | tr '\/' ','

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need AWk To parse XML logs

Hi , I need an Awk script to parse my log file . 2008-04-26 10:00:13,391 INFO Logger - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><2dm tmsg... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/nawk question to format a file

Hi, I am new to awk/nawk, needs help. I want to merge the rows having emplid attribute same into a single row in the following file. In actual this kind of file will have around 50k rows. Here is my input file id|emplid|firstname|dep|lastname 1|001234|test|1001|1 2|002345|test|1032|2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar04
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing(xml) using nawk/awk

Hi , I have an xml format as shown below: <Info> <last name="sean" first name="john"/> <period="5" time="11"/> <test value="1",test2 value="2",test3 value="3",test4 value="5"> <old> <value1>1</value1> <value2>2</value2> </old> <new> <value1>4</value1> <value2>3</value2> </new>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: natalie23
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse XML e report con AWK

Thanks in advance who can answer. I have to make a small shell that after reading an XML file and extract the fields I create a text file with the same fields taken previously in tabular form. I did this parse.awk ---------------------- BEGIN { FS="" } { for(i=2; i<=NF; i+=2) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcarlo65
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help nawk parse file

Hello, Hope you are doing fine. I have a file in following format. I only want to process the data inside the section that comes after #DATE,CODE,VALUE #ITEMS WITH CORRECTIONS ....... #DATE,CODE,VALUE 2011-08-02, ID1, 0.30 2011-08-02, ID2, 0.40 2011-08-02, ID3, 0.50 ...... Means... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK to Parse XML messages

Hello Guys, Please help with AWK problem. I have XML file which contains a list of messages for subjects. Example of the messages: , message=, message=, message=, message=, message=, message=, message=, message= I want to use AWK to parse these xml messages but I am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Date format conversion how to change this from using nawk to awk

Hi, I have a file where I need to change the date format on the nth field from DD-MM-YYYY to YYYY-MM-DD so I can accurately sort the record by dates From regex - Use sed or awk to fix date format - Stack Overflow, I found an example using nawk. Test run as below: $: cat xyz.txt A ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)