Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Content of /var/sadm/pkc/<pkg>/save directory Post 302352983 by vibhor_agarwali on Monday 14th of September 2009 07:01:24 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Content of /var/sadm/pkg/<pkg>/save directory

Hi,

What are the contents of /var/sadm/pkg/<pkg>/save directory.

- It contains various patches with their id's.

What does the "pspool" directory inside it contain?

Last edited by vibhor_agarwali; 09-14-2009 at 08:13 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/sadm/install

Hi, can I delete the file install in /var/sadm directory because I do not need. Regard TDS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tinfoul
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accidentally remove the contents of /var/sadm/pkg

Hi all, I carelessly remove the contents of /var/sadm/pkg. I do not have any backup of the folder. What can I do ? Thanks a lot. :eek: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
11 Replies

3. Solaris

pkgadd pkg to an new directory

hi guys, I am wondering instead installing to the default directory, how can I install a package using pkgadd command to a specified directory? I am using solaris 9, thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, awk [TAG]$content[/TAG] How to get var in $content in textfile?

Hello, I got a Qstion. Im posting to a phpbb forum with bash and curl.. i have a text file with the following tags that i post to the forum: $var1 $var2 $var3 How can i with sed or awk put var content from shell script between the ... in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Lost /var/sadm/install/contents file and /var/sadm/pkg

Hello, I recently found that my /var/sadm/install/contents, ~/admin/default, /var/spool/patch and /var/spool/pkg files were empty. This broke the pkginfo, pkgchk and other package related tools. The pkgmap no longer points to where the applications have been installed. I have replaced the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronin42
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Cleaning out /var/sadm/patch after Live Upgrade

I recently upgraded my OS to Solaris 10 10/09 from Solaris 10 06/06 using Live Upgrade. I wanted to clean up space in /var/sadm/patch. I'm assuming the server is now clean with a fresh version of Solaris 10 10/09. Can I safely remove everything in /var/sadm/patch? Thanks, jeremy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: griff11
0 Replies

7. Solaris

/var/adm & /var/sadm

what is the difference between tha /var/adm and /var/sadm files in solaris 10 Os please can any one respond quickly thanking you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] split file1 and save it as var from file2

I have 2 files: file_1: file_2: expected result: name file: "artV1" "artV2" etc. I have: but why don;t work save to file 'out'?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ffresz
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How extract SUNWexplo.7.1.pkg & SUNWexplu.7.1.pkg from install_stb.sh?

Hi all, Could please guideas how to extract SUNWexplo.7.2.pkg & SUNWexplu.7.2.pkg from install_stb.sh. I need to upgrade my Sun Explorer to 7.2 version from 7.1 . This what written in read me file about its installation: The Lightweight Availability Collection Tool (LWACT) is no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Contents deleted from /var/sadm

Hi, Somebody/somebody removed all contents /vat/sadm on Solaris 10 Sparc box. As of now server is up and running. There is no backup for this server. If we copy contents from another equivalent server, can it work ? We don't know if it will be fixed by booting form DVD also. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
contents(4)							   File Formats 						       contents(4)

NAME
contents - list of files and associated packages SYNOPSIS
/var/sadm/install/contents DESCRIPTION
The file /var/sadm/install/contents is a source of information about the packages installed on the system. This file must never be edited directly. Always use the package and patch commands (see SEE ALSO) to make changes to the contents file. Each entry in the contents file is a single line. Fields in each entry are separated by a single space character. Two major styles of entries exist, old style and new style. The following is the format of an old-style entry: ftype class path package(s) The following is the general format of a new-style entry: path[=rpath] ftype class [ftype-optional-fields] package(s) New-style entries differ for each ftype. The ftype designates the entry type, as specified in pkgmap(4). The format for new-style entries, for each ftype, is as follows: ftype s: path=rpath s class package ftype l: path l class package ftype d: path d class mode owner group package(s) ftype b: path b class major minor mode owner group package ftype c: path c class major minor mode owner group package ftype f: path f class mode owner group size cksum modtime package ftype x: path x class mode owner group package ftype v: path v class mode owner group size cksum modtime package ftype e: path e class mode owner group size cksum modtime package A significant distinction between old- and new-style entries is that the former do not begin with a slash (/) character, while the latter (new-style) always do. For example, the following are new-style entries: d none /dev SUNWcsd e passwd /etc/passwd SUNWcsr The following are new-style entries: /dev d none 0755 root sys SUNWcsr SUNWcsd /etc/passwd e passwd 0644 root sys 580 48299 1077177419 SUNWcsr The following are the descriptions of the fields in both old- and new-style entries. path The absolute path of the node being described. For ftype s (indicating a symbolic link) this is the indirect pointer (link) name. rpath The relative path to the real file or linked-to directory name. ftype A one-character field that indicates the entry type (see pkgmap(4)). class The installation class to which the file belongs (see pkgmap(4)). package The package associated with this entry. For ftype d (directory) more than one package can be present. mode The octal mode of the file (see pkgmap(4)). owner The owner of the file (see pkgmap(4)). group The group to which the file belongs (see pkgmap(4)). major The major device number (see pkgmap(4)). minor The minor device number (see pkgmap(4)). size The actual size of the file in bytes as reported by sum (see pkgmap(4)). cksum The checksum of the file contents (see pkgmap(4)). modtime The time of last modification (see pkgmap(4)). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
patchadd(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgadm(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgmap(4), attributes(5) NOTES
As shown above, the interface stability of /var/sadm/install/contents is Unstable (see attributes(5)). It is common practice to use this file in a read-only manner to determine which files belong to which packages installed on a system. While this file has been present for many releases of the Solaris operating system, it might not be present in future releases. The fully supported way to obtain information from the installed package database is through pkgchk(1M). It is highly recommended that you use pkgchk rather than relying on the contents file. SunOS 5.10 29 Jun 2004 contents(4)