Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Is any patch availabe for zone cloning? Post 302352977 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 14th of September 2009 06:52:20 AM
Old 09-14-2009
how do you decide for windows xp, win xp sp1, sp2 or sp3? solaris 10 update 7 is the latest stable release... thats all...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Zone cloning with zfs

Sun documentation about zone cloning describe if zone cloning, which zonepath is on a ZFS pool, zone will be cloning by zfs snapshot. On my system zones cloned by files copying. How I can troubleshoot that? root@sunhost # cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/09... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aphex
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Applying Recommended Patch Cluster to Whole Root Zone

Hi there, Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already but I've not been able to find the thread. Question: Is it possible to apply the Solaris 10 Recommended Patch Cluster to a whole root (non-global) zone locally? I.E. apply the patch cluster from the non-global in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm146332
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Zone failes to boot due to mount issue, dir exists in zone.

I have two physical servers, with zones that mount local storage. We were using "raw device" in the zonecfg to point to a metadevice on the global zone (it was not mounted in the global zone at any point). It failed to mount on every boot because the directory existed in the zone. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Cannot locate patch to install (on a non-global zone)

Hello Solaris experts, I would like to inquire of the error I'm encountering when using patchadd on a non-global zone. bash-3.00# patchadd 148625-01 Validating patches... Loading patches installed on the system... Done! Loading patches requested to install. Cannot locate 148625-01... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Force patch install on non global zone

All, I am trying to install the patch 148689-02. However, this patch fails to install due to the non global zone does not have the required patch 147143-17. I have tried to login to the non global zone and install it manually. "patchadd 147143-17" however, this returns a message stating its for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies
native(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros						 native(5)

NAME
native - native branded zone DESCRIPTION
The native brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to run zones installed with the same software as is installed in the global zone. The system software must always be in sync with the global zone when using a native brand. SUB-COMMANDS The following native brand-specific subcommand options are supported in zoneadm(1M). attach [-u] [-b patchid]... For native zones, zoneadm checks package and patch levels on the machine to which the zone is to be attached. If the packages/patches that the zone depends on from the global zone are different (have different revision numbers) from the dependent packages/patches on the source machine, zoneadm reports these conflicts and does not perform the attach. If the destination system has only newer dependent packages/patches (higher revision numbers) than those on the source system, you can use the -u option to update the attached zone to match the -revision packages and patches that exist on the new system. With -u, as in the default behavior, zoneadm does not perform an attach if outdated packages/patches are found on the target system. For native zones, one or more -b options can be used to specify a patch ID for a patch installed in the zone. These patches will be backed out before the zone is attached or, if -u was also specified, updated. install [-a archive] | [-d path] [-p] [-s] [-u] [-v] [-b patchid]... The native brand installer supports installing the zone from either the software already installed on the system or from an image of an installed system running the same release. This can be a full flash archive (see flash_archive(4)) or a cpio(1) or pax(1) "xustar" ar- chive. The cpio archive be compressed with gzip or bzip2. The image can also be a level 0 ufsdump(1M), a path to the top-level of a system's root tree, or a pre-existing zone path. With no options the zone is installed using same software as is running the global zone. To install the zone from a system image either the -a or -d is required. Either the -u or -p option is also required in this case. -a archive The path to a flash_archive(4), cpio(1), or pax(1) "xustar" archive, or a level0 ufsdump(1M), of an installed system. cpio archives may be compressed using gzip or bzip2. -b patchid One or more -b options can be used to specify a patch ID for a patch installed in the system image. These patches will be backed out during the installation process. -d path The path to the root directory of an installed system. If path is a hyphen (-), the zonepath is presumed to be already populated with the system image. -p Preserve the system configuration after installing the zone. -s Install silently. -u Run sys-unconfig(1M) on the zone after installing it. -v Verbose output from the install process. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzoneu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), pax(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), sys-unconfig(1M), ufsdump(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), flash_archive(4), attributes(5), brands(5), privileges(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 13 Feb 2009 native(5)