Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting connecting search patterns in awk with AND Post 302352947 by malcomex999 on Monday 14th of September 2009 05:32:55 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Code:

/usr/xpg4/bin/awk '/[0-9]+MB)/&&/[Dd]one/ {gsub("\(","",$5);print int($5)}' mylog.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search patterns

hello, i have an input file of about 50,00,000 lines. few of its lines are as follows: <CR:0023498789,TPO-14987084;BO=IC&SUB=ALLP <CF:0023498789,CB=YES;BIL&NC=NO <CF:0023498789,CW=NO;NS=NO <GC:0023498789,CG=YES;TPO&NC=YES <CR:0024659841,TPO-14484621;BO=NO&BA=OC&SUB=ALLH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a script variable in awk search patterns

Hi all, In a script like : job_date=.... ls -l 2>/dev/null | awk -v var =$job_date ' /Name\.Version\.+\.xml$/ { How can i include a script variable job_date store in "var" in the pattern "/Name\.Version\.+\.xml$/" Thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search multiple patterns

I have two lists in a file that look like a b b a e f c d f e d c I would like a final list a b c d e f I've tried multiple grep and awk but can't get it to work (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: godzilla07
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Multiple search patterns & print in an one liner

I would like to print result of multiple search pattern invoked from an one liner. The code looks like this but won't work gawk -F '{{if ($0 ~ /pattern1/) pat1=$1 && if ($0 ~ /pattern2/) pat2=$2} ; print pat1, pat2}' Can anybody help getting the right code? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search a file for patterns from another file to another with awk

Hi all ! I have 2 files: file1: 1|AAA|123456 2|BBB|098765432 ... file2: -|klk|AAA|$123.00|Qty.2|US -|opi|EEE|$23.00|Qty.4|US ... Output: 1|AAA|-|klk|AAA|$123.00|Qty.2|US I would need to search the 3rd field of file2 for the patterns contained in the 2nd field of file1. And... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search two patterns using awk to print the variable sum

Coins.txt: gold 1 1986 USA American Eagle gold 1 1908 Austria-Hungary Franz Josef 100 Korona silver 10 1981 USA ingot gold 1 1984 Switzerland ingot gold 1 1979 RSA Krugerrand gold 0.5 1981 RSA Krugerrand gold 0.1 1986 PRC Panda silver 1 1986 USA Liberty dollar gold 0.25 1986 USA Liberty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and count patterns

Hi, I have a text file the contents are like this now i want to search patterns Z , Z etc and count the occurrence of such patterns, after Z value can be any random digits, please help me it is urgent... output like this Z .............>5 Z ............>8 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search patterns from file in another

I would like to grep for aaa and bbb and ccc from one line in file1.txt in any order on a line on file2.txt file1.txt aaa bbb ccc ddd fff ggg hhh ddd jjj jjj cccfile2.txt aaa bbb ccc ddd fff ggg --> output whole line since it matches with aaa bbb ccc of file1.txt aaa ddd jjj hhh --> no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdf
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for patterns on different lines

im using the following code to search a log for entries on two different lines: awk 'BEGIN{count=0} /'"${firstpattern}"'/,/'"${secondpattern}"'/ { print; if ($0 ~ /'"${thirdpattern}"'/){count++}; } END { print count }' data.txt firstpattern="start error log" secondpattern="i am logging the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match by looping through search patterns

Hi I am using Solaris 5.10 & ksh Wanted to loop through a pattern file by reading it and passing it to the awk to match that value present in column 1 of rawdata.txt , if so print column 1 & 2 in to Avlblpatterns.txt. Using the following code but it seems some mistakes and it is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)