Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep multiple rows from file. Post 302352868 by skmdu on Monday 14th of September 2009 12:53:17 AM
Old 09-14-2009
something like this,

$sed -n 's/\"\(At[^ \.]*\)\" .*/\1/gp' input | sort -u
At1g12470
At1g23040
At1g29930
At1g31390
At1g64740
At1g80470
At1g80680
At5g19860
At5g20520
At5g46430

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle multiple rows in a file

I have a FILE a.txt which has the following data 113901.94,113901.94,56950.97,56950.97,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 10693.04,10693.04,5346.52,5346.52,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 1901.94,1901.94,550.97,550.97,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 103.04,103.04,53.52,53.52,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING #### This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting rows into multiple-rows

Hi every one; I have a file with 22 rows and 13 columns which includes floating numbers. I want to parse the file so that every five columns in the row would be a new record (row). For example, the first line in the old file should be converted into three lines with first two lines contain 5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PHL
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split single rows to multiple rows ..

Hi pls help me out to short out this problem rm PAB113_011.out rm: PAB113_011.out: override protection 644 (yes/no)? n If i give y it remove the file. But i added the rm command as a part of ksh file and i tried to remove the file. Its not removing and the the file prompting as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to table to extract multiple rows into file from unix script

I need to extract the data from oracle table and written the below code. But it is not working.There is some problem with the query and output is shown is No rows selected" . If I run the same query from sql developer there is my required output. And if I run the shell script with simple sql... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write the total number of rows in multiple files into another file

Hello Friends, I know you all are busy and inteligent too... I am stuck with one small issue if you can help me then it will be really great. My problem is I am having some files i.e. Input.txt1 Input.txt2 Input.txt3 Now my task is I need to check the total number of rows in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaya kumar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to grep rows by multiple fields

Hello, I met a challenge to extract part of the table. I'd like to grep the first three matches based on field1 and field2. Input: D A 92.85 1315 83 11 D A 95.90 757 28 3 D A 94.38 480 20 7 D A 91.21 307 21 6 D A 94.26 244 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get multiple rows from a file?

Gents, I have a big file, where I would like to get some rows.. Then file1 contains. Obs_Report_Result : Shot_Report : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace multiple strings in a file with multiple filenames in a file

Hi, I have a file containing list of strings like i: Pink Yellow Green and I have file having list of file names in a directory j : a b c d Where j contains of a ,b,c,d are as follows a: Pink (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madabhg
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies
TEXT2PS(L)																TEXT2PS(L)

NAME
text2ps - convert text files to PostScript SYNOPSIS
text2ps [ options ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
Text2ps reads the input files (standard input if none are specified) and produces PostScript code which, when fed to a PostScript printer, will print the files. With text2ps it is possible to select any font, point size and number of columns. Options and files can be inter- mixed on the command line. Options are effective for all following files until they are overridden. Options Here follows a list of options that text2ps recognizes. Most numeric arguments are significant to one decimal place. Options are evalu- ated from left to right. Later options override earlier ones. -# n Print n copies of each page. (Default 1.) -c n Print in n columns. (Default 1.) -f font Print using font font. (Default Courier.) -p n Print with point size n. (Default 9.) -v n Use a vertical spacing of n points. If the vertical spacing is set to 0, the spacing will be 1.2 times the point size. (Default 0.) -l n Print n lines per column. When the line count is 0, print as many lines as will fit. (Default 0.) -r [p|l] Set the orientation to either portrait mode (p) or landscape mode (l). (Default p.) -b [+|-] Set page break mode. An argument + will force new files to be always printed on a new page (this is the default). After - new files will be put on the same page if there are still empty columns and the number of columns, the orientation or the number of copies didn't change. New files always start new columns. (Default -.) -mt n The top margin is n points. (Default 63.) -mb n The bottom margin is n points. (Default 63.) -ml n The left margin is n points. (Default 59.) -mr n The right margin is n points. (Default 59.) -mg n The inter-column gap is n points. (Default 25.) -t [+|-] If the argument is + the name of the file being printed will be printed on each page. If the argument is - the file name will not be printed. -t + implies -b +. -T text Print text as title on each page. This implies -t - and -b +. This option can be switched off by specifying -t - or -t +. (Default no title.) -F font Set the title font to font. (Default Helvetica.) -P n Set the title point size to n. (Default 12.) -B n Draw borders around each page. The number n specifies how to draw borders. N can have any of the following values or-ed in: 1 Draw a line along the left of the page. 2 Draw a line along the bottom of the page. 4 Draw a line along the right of the page. 8 Draw a line along the top of the page. 16 Draw a line between columns. This line does not connect to the lines along the top or bottom. 32 Draw a connecting line between the line between columns and the line along the top. 64 Draw a connecting line between the line between columns and the line along the bottom. When n is 0, no border lines are drawn. (Default no bordering lines.) -w n Tab stops are set every n spaces. Set the width of the TAB character. (Default 8.) -1 Sets up options to print in one column in portrait mode with the Courier font, so that you get 66 lines on a page. Equivalent to specifying the options -c 1 -f Courier -p 9 -v 0 -r p -l 0 -mt 63 -mb 63 -ml 59 -mr 59. This is the default. -2 Sets up options to print in two columns in landscape mode with the Courier font, so that you get two 66-line columns on a page. Equivalent to specifying the options -c 2 -f Courier -p 6 -v 0 -r l -l 0 -mt 63 -mb 63 -ml 59 -mr 59 -mg 25. Together with the -1 option, this is probably the most useful option. The name - means standard input. BUGS
Too many options. There is no way to specify where the title will be placed. If the font being used is not a constant width font and there are other characters than just tabs and spaces in front of a tab, the next character may not align properly. TEXT2PS(L)