Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aix-configure nim client
Operating Systems AIX aix-configure nim client Post 302352456 by bakunin on Friday 11th of September 2009 11:13:31 AM
Old 09-11-2009
You have somehow managed to post in a completely wrong forum. I'm transferring this thread to the AIX forum, where it belongs.

-push-

~becoming red~
-even more heavy push-

phew, what an exertion....

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Howto configure AIX DHCP Client ?

I use DHCP on my AIX box at home . I want to connect to my Cable ISP as a DHCP Client . the thing I did was this : smit Communications Applications and Services TCP/IP Use DHCP for TCPIP Configuration and Startup "Select the interface you want to use" en0 "Enter a hostname" OK after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zumbi
3 Replies

2. AIX

NIM client mksysb restore

Can a NIM client mksysb restore be performed via NIM (smitty nim) without the NIM client machine having the NIM server's IP and hostname in its /etc/hosts file? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
10 Replies

3. AIX

backup NIM client

Hello everyone I would like to hear your opinions about this procedure to backup a client to my nim master 1.-I got a cron that make a mksysb from x machine 2.-This mksysb I send by ftp to my nim master. 3.-When I got it in the nim master machine. I create a mksysb resource from this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

4. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. AIX

NIM client boot problem

Hi all, I have created VIO Server which serves 3 lpars. All of them are on VLAN ID 50. From one lpar I installed and set up NIM master server called testAIX1. I have created client and allocated resources to it: testAIX1:/ > lsnim -l test_lpar test_lpar: class = machines ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

6. AIX

filesets nim client

Hello everyone I was looking for the filesets to install a nim client on a linux box. (red hat 5 for power) I have the nim master on aix box and I have different nim client with aix. I download some filesets fron aix cd to linux box, but Im still hang up. Some one know where I can find... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

8. AIX

Nim client with different subnet to Master

Iam attempting to add a client to NIM however the new client has a different subnet than master 10... & 193... , I've established from redbooks that it should be possible but can't find anything that states how? Does anyone use nim in this way? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
5 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies
notificationconf(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				       notificationconf(1)

NAME
notificationconf -- configures how aosnotifyd responds to the NSServerNotificationCenter api SYNOPSIS
notificationconf command [command_args] DESCRIPTION
notificationconf is a utility to configure the push notification client functionality. The functionality is accessed by programs using the NSServerNotification api, and this utility configures options for aosnotifyd that are outside the scope of the api. USAGE
You must specify a command to select a specific function to perform. Each command accepts its own arguments. COMMAND SUMMARY
Here are brief descriptions of all the notificationconf commands: setpass hostname username Configures a password and user name in the keychain that aosnotifyd can use to access a notification server. It prompts for the password. removepass hostname Removes the keychain entry for the specified server usessl hostname Forces the client to use an SSL connection to the specified server. The server must have a certificate the client will validate. nossl hostname Sets the client back to the default state of not using an SSL connection for the specified server. createnode hostname nodename username Creates a node on the server to send notifications using. Before a client can subscribe to notifications with a given name, the server must be configured with a node with a matching name. A user name is specified and the tool prompts for a password. This user must have permissions to create notification nodes on the server. FILES
/usr/bin/notificationconf SEE ALSO
aosnotifyd(8) Mac OS X 12 March 2009 Mac OS X