Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i delete a keyword containing XYZ in unix Post 302352337 by clx on Friday 11th of September 2009 04:52:02 AM
Old 09-11-2009
something like:

Code:
sed -e "s/[a-zA-Z-][a-zA-Z-]*XYZ[' ]*//g" -e "s/XYZ[a-zA-Z-][a-zA-Z-]*//g" filename

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Same problem as xyz

Hi, Could you delete my account so that i can register again. My user id is ranj@tcs. The problem is I get a mail asking to click on the link to reset the password. Once that is done, the page says - 'The reset password has been mailed to you'. I done get that mail at all. So, please delete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whyaskedhere
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete a keyword starting with x in unix

I am trying to delete key word starting with x in a unix text file. example, I am trying to delete the words like xaa,xabxbb,xbd and so on.... my input file is some thing like this xaaa w 1234 5678 rwsd ravi xw123 xbc3 ohrd want to delete words xaaa,xw123 and xbc3 from the above... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the lines after the last instance of the keyword

I have my input sometyhing like this aaa bbbbbb cccccc ddddd eeeee 1234 ravi kumar aaaaaa vvvvvvv 5678 ravi kumar rrrrrrr mmmmmmm I want the output as follows. aaa bbbbbb cccccc ddddd eeeee 1234 ravi kumar aaaaaa vvvvvvv 5678 ravi kumar (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the lines before the first instance of the keyword

I have my data something like this. I want to delete all the lines before the frist instance of the key word 'ravi kumar' aaa bbbbbb cccccc ddddd eeeee 1234 ravi kumar aaaaaa vvvvvvv 5678 ravi kumar rrrrrrr mmmmmmm I want the output as follows. 1234 ravi kumar aaaaaa... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for keyword in subsequent lines and delete the second line

I have my data something like this I need to search for the keyword yyyy in the susequent lines and if it is present, delete the second line with keyword. In other words, if a keywords is found in two subsequent lines delete the second line. input data: aaaa bbbbb cccc dddd xxxx... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace 'abc' with 'xyz'

Hi everyone I am new to unix . i got struck up with small issue. i have text file something like this abc 'xyz' '5' pqr 'lmn' '6' i want to replace abc 'xyz' '5' with abc 'tyr' '9' but i know the key 'xyz' based on the key 'xyz' i want to replace please help me . its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayaragavan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to delete a line having a particular keyword

Hi Geeks :b:, I need to delete a line from file that contains a particular keyword. I had read in some forum of unix.com that below code could be used sed "/$titlesearch/d" movielist >tmp mv tmp movielist But my file contains lines which contain slashes (/) FOr eg: /etc/movie/title/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Search Results for the UNIX keyword - Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo

Some search results for the keyword "unix" searches: DuckDuckGo #1 https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture1254.png Bing #2 https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture1253.png Google #15 (page 2) https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture1252.png (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
ICCLINK(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   ICCLINK(1)

NAME
icclink - little cms device link generator. SYNOPSIS
icclink [options] <profiles> DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. icclink is little cms device link generator. Links two or more profiles into a single devicelink profile. Colorspaces must be paired except Lab/XYZ, that can be interchanged. OPTIONS
-8 Creates 8-bit devicelink. -b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precission (0=LowRes, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res). [defaults to 1] -d description Description text (quotes can be used). -h <0,1,2,3> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -k <0..400> Ink-limiting in % (CMYK only) -o profile Output devicelink profile. [defaults to 'devicelink.icm'] -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -x Creatively, guess deviceclass of resulting profile. Built-in profiles: *Lab -- D50-based CIEL*a*b (PCS) *XYZ -- CIE XYZ (PCS) *sRGB -- sRGB color space *Gray22- Monochrome of Gamma 2.2 *Lin2222- CMYK linearization of gamma 2.2 on each channel EXAMPLES
To create 'devicelink.icm' from a.icc to b.icc: icclink a.icc b.icc To create 'out.icc' from sRGB to cmyk.icc: icclink -o out.icc *sRGB cmyk.icc To create a sRGB input profile working in Lab: icclink -x -o sRGBLab.icc *sRGB *Lab To create a XYZ -> sRGB output profile: icclink -x -o sRGBLab.icc *XYZ *sRGB To create a abstract profile doing softproof for cmyk.icc: icclink -t1 -x -o softproof.icc *Lab cmyk.icc cmyk.icc *Lab To create a 'grayer' sRGB input profile: icclink -x -o grayer.icc *sRGB gray.icc gray.icc *Lab To embed ink limiting into a cmyk output profile: icclink -x -o cmyklimited.icc -k 250 cmyk.icc *Lab NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
jpegicc(1), tifficc(1), tiffdiff(1), icc2ps(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. September 30, 2004 ICCLINK(1)