Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to tar .gz files?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to tar .gz files? Post 302352307 by rwu on Friday 11th of September 2009 03:13:54 AM
Old 09-11-2009
I would try to get tar.exe from the same place you got gzip.exe.

A quick google search gives me this:
Tar for Windows

If you are doing this interactively (ie, not part of a script), you can always check out any of the compression utilities, such as Winzip.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Untaring *.tar.tar files

Hi all, How to untar a file with .tar.tar extension. A utility that i downloaded from net had this extension. Thanks in advance, bubeshj. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubeshj
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process the files using .tar.gz files in script

Hi, I have some file in /users/xyz directoty with .tar.gz extension. i need to find these files and if found in need to run other commands. I now the command for finding files,but how to put if condition ?please help me Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmkreddy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.tar.tar files

I downloaded what I thought was a gziped file (at least on remote server it had a .gz extention) and once I had it it was filename.tar.tar..I tried the standard untar tar -xvf filename on it and get an error. Does anyone know what's going on? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

.tar files

is there any war to extract .tar file other than using ssh? does ncftp has a command to extract .tar files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arsonist
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a Tar of multiple Files in Unix and FTP the tar to Windows.

Hi, On my Unix Server in my directory, I have 70 files distributed in the following directories (which have several other files too). These files include C Source Files, Shell Script Source Files, Binary Files, Object Files. a) /usr/users/oracle/bin b) /usr/users/oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to tar all files except logs and .txt files

Hi I greatly appreciate the forum and the people here very helpful :) I could able to tar all the directories, sub dirs and the files. But unable to tar all the directories excluding the log and text files. Can anyone please advise the exact command to use for excluding .log and .txt? PS:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Command to remove existing files in the tar files in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS.Please help me out with the commands needed in below two scenarios. 1)How to delete the existing files in the tar file. suppose i have a main tarfile named application.tar and it contains a file called ingres.tar. what is the command to remove ingres.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies
LDAP_URL(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       LDAP_URL(3)

NAME
ldap_is_ldap_url, ldap_url_parse, ldap_free_urldesc, ldap_url_search, ldap_url_search_s, ldap_url_search_st - LDAP Uniform Resource Locator routines SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_is_ldap_url( url ) char *url; int ldap_url_parse( url, ludpp ) char *url; LDAPURLDesc **ludpp; typedef struct ldap_url_desc { char * lud_scheme; /* URI scheme */ char lud_host; /* LDAP host to contact */ int lud_port; /* port on host */ char * lud_dn; /* base for search */ char ** lud_attrs; /* list of attributes */ int lud_scope; /* a LDAP_SCOPE_... value */ char * lud_filter; /* LDAP search filter */ char ** lud_exts; /* LDAP extensions */ /* may contain additional fields for internal use */ } LDAPURLDesc; ldap_free_urldesc( ludp ) LDAPURLDesc *ludp; int ldap_url_search( ld, url, attrsonly ) LDAP *ld; char *url; int attrsonly; int ldap_url_search_s( ld, url, attrsonly, res ) LDAP *ld; char *url; int attrsonly; LDAPMessage **res; int ldap_url_search_st( ld, url, attrsonly, timeout, res ) LDAP *ld; char *url; int attrsonly; struct timeval *timeout; LDAPMessage **res; DESCRIPTION
These routines support the use of LDAP URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) as detailed in RFC 2255. LDAP URLs look like this: ldap://hostport/dn[?attrs[?scope[?filter[?exts]]]] where: hostport is a host name with an optional ":portnumber" dn is the search base attrs is a comma separated list of attributes to request scope is one of these three strings: base one sub (default=base) filter is filter exts are recognized set of LDAP and/or API extensions. Example: ldap://ldap.example.net/dc=example,dc=net?cn,sn?sub?(cn=*) URLs that are wrapped in angle-brackets and/or preceded by "URL:" are also tolerated. Alternative schemes such as ldaps:// and ldapi:// may be parsed using the below routines as well. ldap_is_ldap_url() returns a non-zero value if url looks like an LDAP URL (as opposed to some other kind of URL). It can be used as a quick check for an LDAP URL; the ldap_url_parse() routine should be used if a more thorough check is needed. ldap_url_parse() breaks down an LDAP URL passed in url into its component pieces. If successful, zero is returned, an LDAP URL description is allocated, filled in, and ludpp is set to point to it. If an error occurs, a non-zero URL error code is returned. ldap_free_urldesc() should be called to free an LDAP URL description that was obtained from a call to ldap_url_parse(). ldap_url_search() initiates an asynchronous LDAP search based on the contents of the url string. This routine acts just like ldap_search(3) except that many search parameters are pulled out of the URL. ldap_url_search_s() performs a synchronous LDAP search based on the contents of the url string. This routine acts just like ldap_search_s(3) except that many search parameters are pulled out of the URL. ldap_url_search_st() performs a synchronous LDAP URL search with a specified timeout. This routine acts just like ldap_search_st(3) except that many search parameters are pulled out of the URL. SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_search(3) The LDAP URL Format, RFC 2255, Tim Howes and Mark Smith, December 1997. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.0.27-Release 17 October 2000 LDAP_URL(3)