Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unused disk space
Operating Systems Solaris unused disk space Post 302352296 by kenshinhimura on Friday 11th of September 2009 02:52:12 AM
Old 09-11-2009
after i use format,partition,label,quit,quit

then i run fsck -y to / and to the newly created partition.
then i reboot

then this is the result

GRUB

my box doesnt boot up anymore

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Out of disk space?

Hi I'm trying to install gcc and the installation program tells me that I'm out of disk space! I have just installed the os (using the default settings for partitions and sizes) and have only installed apache on the machine. Can it really be out of disk space already? How do I check how much... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk space

Can someone tell me how to determine how much disk space has been allocated to me and how much of it I am using? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk Space -

I know I have posted this question before, but I still just don't understand how to determine disk space. This server is an IBM RS6000 running on AIX version 4.2.1. I in essence need to know the following if anyone can assist me. 1) I need to know how many drives are configured in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

available disk space on disk device???

Hello, Can someone please tell me which command to use to determine the available disk space on a given disk device? I have to write a shell script that compresses files and stores them in a specific location but I am not sure how "conservative" I should be? Thanks in advance! Al. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Disk space?

I'm a Unix newbie running Solaris 9. After installing a fresh copy on a 40GB drive I noticed the available disk space is 2% free or approximately 200MB available. Is that possible? Did I do something wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarbuto
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Disk Space

Hi Experts. I had 100% disk full , even though i have removed 2 GB space still dbf command shows 100%. How to rectify that. Appreciate your prompt help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: test10002
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the unused space?

One of my Solaris 8 machines hd was about to die. So I used g4u to create an image of the 9gb drive and I put it in a 36gb drive. That solved my dieing hd problem. But.... How do I get my machine to see the unused 27gb of space? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spyzic
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX using unused HDD space

Hello, I have a system with HP-UX 11.23 installed on it. There are ~36GB of unused space on the HDD. I did a very basic installation, and it created the usual volume group /dev/vg00. When I look at the output of ioscan -funC disk, I see this (and more, but irrelevant to this post): disk ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goon12
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

disk space

when i check /export directory of my machine gets filled up (85%) i removed some old logs. but after cleaning df -k command still shows that /export is still 85% full. Is there a way to force df to reflect actual free space without rebooting? My machine is a production one and can't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk space

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, and want to monitor disk space using shell script continously on server, which will shoot mail after crossing threshold limit Please suggest. Regards Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
installgrub(1M) 														   installgrub(1M)

NAME
installgrub - install GRUB in a disk partition or a floppy SYNOPSIS
/sbin/installgrub [-fm] stage1 stage2 raw-device The installgrub command is an -only program. GRUB stands for GRand Unified Bootloader. installgrub installs GRUB stage 1 and stage 2 files on the boot area of a disk partition. If you specify the -m option, installgrub installs the stage 1 file on the master boot sector of the disk. The installgrub command accepts the following options: -f Suppresses interaction when overwriting the master boot sector. -m Installs GRUB stage1 on the master boot sector interactively. The installgrub command accepts the following operands: stage1 The name of the GRUB stage 1 file. stage2 The name of the GRUB stage 2 file. raw-device The name of the device onto which GRUB code is to be installed. It must be a character device that is readable and writable. For disk devices, specify the slice where the GRUB menu file is located. (For Solaris it is the root slice.) For a floppy disk, it is /dev/rdiskette. Example 1: Installing GRUB on a Hard Disk Slice The following command installs GRUB on a system where the root slice is c0d0s0: example# /sbin/installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c0d0s0 Example 2: Installing GRUB on a Floppy The following command installs GRUB on a formatted floppy: example# mount -F pcfs /dev/diskette /mnt # mkdir -p /mnt/boot/grub # cp /boot/grub/* /mnt/boot/grub # umount /mnt # cd /boot/grub # /sbin/installgrub stage1 stage2 /dev/rdiskette /boot/grub Directory where GRUB files reside. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ boot(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), kernel(1M), attributes(5) Installing GRUB on the master boot sector (-m option) overrides any boot manager currently installed on the machine. The system will always boot the GRUB in the Solaris partition regardless of which fdisk partition is active. 24 May 2005 installgrub(1M)