Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grouping records in a file in unix Post 302352291 by trichyselva on Friday 11th of September 2009 02:49:03 AM
Old 09-11-2009
hi
thanks for your help
the solution you gave was working
can you plz. explain me how it is working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping and summing data through unix

Hi everyone, I need a help on Unix scripting. I have a file is like this Date Amt 20071205 10 20071204 10 20071203 200 20071204 300 20071203 400 20071205 140 20071203 100 20071205 100... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcharanraj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix script for update or insert records from a file to a oracle table

Hi, I have delimited file(|). Sample data: 1|name|50009|DS24|0|12 2|name|30009|DS24|0|13 3|name|20409|DS24|0|14 4|name|20009|DS24|0|15 5|name|10009|DS24|0|16 I want to load this data into a oracle table (update and insert) Please help me the commands and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File splitting and grouping using unix script

Hello All, I have a small problem with file group/splitting and I am trying to get the best way to perform this in unix. I am trying with awk but need some suggestion what would be the best and fastest way to-do it. Here is the problem. I have a fixed length file with filled with product... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandhan11891
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file...

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file... just like join ... if the record present in both files.. delete from first file or delete the particular record and write the unmatched records to new file.. tried with grep and while... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping or appending the lines in a file through Unix

Hi, I am looking for a way to Group the Lines in a file.. Basically My file structure is something like this A 1 100 abc def A 1 200 abc def A 1 300 abc def A 2 100 pqr def A 2 200 pqr def A 2 300 pqr def A 1 100 abc def A 1 200 xyz def A 1 300 xyz def I need it as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkandula1983
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grouping or appending the lines in a file through Unix

Hi, I am looking for a way to Group the Lines in a file.. Basically My file structure is something like this A 1 100 abc def A 1 200 abc def A 1 300 abc def A 2 100 pqr def A 2 200 pqr def A 2 300 pqr def A 1 100 abc def A 1 200 xyz def A 1 300 xyz def I need it as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkandula1983
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract records from Oracle to UNIX file with headers

Hi, I have a shell script which extracts records form oracle to unix file. sqlplus -s ${WMD_DM_CONNECT} <<EOF >$tmpfile set heading off set pagesize 0 set feedback off select CD_DESC||'|'||CD_ID||'|'||'Arun'||'|'||'Montu' from WMD_SYS_CD_LKUP where CD_TYP =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
5 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to copy a file with long records ,i.e spanning to 2 or 3 lines from UNIX to excel?

Hi Experts, I have a Unix csv file which has long records ie the record length is more than 80 so it goes to the next line.So when its in unix though it spans to two or three lines it still counts it as one record. But what is happening is for the records that are long when i copy it into excel i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX grouping

Hi guys, I am a complete newbie to unix and have been tasked with creating a script to group the following data (file) by hourly slots so that I can count the transactions completed within the peak hour. I am not sure how to group data like this in unix. Can anyone please help? Here is an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrMidas
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To group records in the file in UNIX

Hi All, I am using RHEL 6.9. I got a requirement to group the records in a file.The file content as shown below. #### FAILED JOBS IN XXX ##### 1> ABCD failed in the project XXX 2> HJK Job is in compiled state in the project XXX 3> ILKD failed in the project XXX 4> DFG failed in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)