Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: merging 2 file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers merging 2 file Post 302352237 by Vi-Curious on Thursday 10th of September 2009 09:58:15 PM
Old 09-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek
Code:
sort -k 1 file1 file2

"-k 1" is not really necessary as far as I can tell

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two file in an ordered way

actually, it seems somewhat confusing.. let me clearify it i want a file having all the attributes produced by ls -lc command. i want to add one more thing i.e. time of last access to a file attribute. so how can i merge these two things in a single file in a columnar way. i tried with these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raku05
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for 2 data file merging

Hello Please help me to write Shell script. I want to merge 2 data files . The data files have common columns The data file A have 3 columns Host Version Numberof Failuers The data file B have also 3 coulmns Host Version NumberofFailuers . I want to merge A and B file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getdpg
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merging two lines in a file

Hi All, I want to merge two lines in a file till the end of the file. So what could be the command to get so. say file name : sample.txt contents: country=1 send apps =1 rece=2 country=2 send apps =3 rece=3 .. ... output: country=1;send apps =1 rece=2 country=2;send apps =3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thaduka
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging lines in a file

Hi, I want to merge the lines starting with a comma symbol with the previous line of the file. Input : cat file.txt name1,name2 ,name3,name4 emp1,emp2,emp3 ,emp4 ,emp5 user1,user2 ,user3 Output name1,name2,name3,name4 emp1,emp2,emp3,emp4,emp5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_tuty
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a column from a file and merging with other file using awk

Hi All: I have following files: File 1: <header> text... text .. text .. text .. <\header> x y z ... File 2: <header> text... text .. text .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn006
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Frequencies in a File

hello, I have a file which has the following structure: word <TAB> frequency The same word can have multiple frequencies: John <TAB> 60 John <TAB> 20 John <TAB> 30 Mary <TAB> 1000 Mary <TAB> 800 Mary <TAB> 20 What I need is a script which could merge all these frequencies into one single... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging data in a file

Hello, Firstly I just wanted to say that I'm not a programmer at all and appreciate any help you can give. I am trying to create a shellscript that reformats the file and adding up colums 5 and 6 for those sections that are continuation of the previous line(s) (signified by beginning with '*')... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neilh1703
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two file

Dear All, I have two file like this: file1: a1234 b1235 c4678 d7859 file2 : e4575 f7869 g7689 h9687 I want output like this: a1234 b1235 c4678 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging File with headers

Hi I need to merge 4 files. The issue i am facing is all the files have headers and i do not want them in the final output file. Can anybody suggest how to do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging the lines of a file

Hello, I have a file with few lines starting with a digit (1-5 only ) followed by a dot (.). Remaining all the lines to be merged with its previous numbered lines. Merging must be done with a space. E.g., Source file: 3. abc def xyz 5. pqr mno def 4. jkl uvw 7. ghi 1. abc xyz 6. mno... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
4 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)