Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PATH manipulation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PATH manipulation Post 302352184 by ramesh_samane on Thursday 10th of September 2009 03:45:47 PM
Old 09-10-2009
Just one random thought came into my mind. Can we TRAP ENTER/RETURN key and run our script whenever that key is pressed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi - replacing a relative path with absolute path in a file

Hi, I have a file with about 60 lines of path: app-defaults/boxXYZ....... I want to change this to /my/path/goes/here/app-defaults/boxXYZ, but of course vi doesn't like the regualr :s/old/new/ command. Is there any other quick way to do this? Thanks ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Commands From Non-Standard Path (Changing user's PATH secretely???)

Hi: I have a requirement as below: I have some standard Unix commands modified and kept them in a directory say /usr/clsh/bin. For example I have a script named "ls" kept here which is modified version of "ls" (say it always gives long listing i.e. ls -l). When any user logs on and types... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh_samane
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PATH manipulation

I have a requirement like this: I have modified versions of certain internal/external commands that I am putting into some directory say /mydir. All the users will go an authentication check once they log in and based on the outcome there are two possibilities: 1. User passes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramesh_samane
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from parent path to multiple child path using bash in efficient way

Hi All, Can you please provide some pointers to move files from Base path to multiple paths in efficient way.Folder Structure is already created. /Path/AdminUser/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt to /Path/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt /Path/AdminUser/User1/2222/Reports/bbb.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikgv417
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match a path anywhere in the line and replace it with new path

I want to pattern match only path part from below and replace them with new path string. LoadModule jk_module /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/modules/mod_jk.so JkWorkersFile /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/config/OHS/ohs1/workers.properties JkLogFile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate class path dynamically based on source path

Hi experts, I have multiple file names ending with .jsp located in $SOME_DIR, $SOME_DIR/f1/,$SOME_DIR/f2/test,$SOME_DIR/f3/fa and there are equivalent class files in $SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages,$SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages/_f1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
CREATE_MUNGE_KEY(8)					    MUNGE Uid 'N' Gid Emporium					       CREATE_MUNGE_KEY(8)

NAME
create-munge-key - Create munge key SYNOPSIS
create-munge-key [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
The create-munge-key script creates a cryptographic key for munge(8) authentication service OPTIONS
-h Display a summary of the command-line options. -r specify /dev/random as random file for key generation default is /dev/urandom which provide a worst entropy -f Force overwriting existing old key EXIT STATUS
The create-munge-key returns a zero exit code when the key is successfully created. On error, it prints an error message to stderr and returns a non-zero exit code. AUTHOR
Gennaro Oliva <oliva.g@na.icar.cnr.it> SEE ALSO
remunge(1), unmunge(1), munge(3), munge_ctx(3), munge_enum(3), munge(7), munged(8). http://munge.googlecode.com/ MUNGE
2007-03-17 CREATE_MUNGE_KEY(8)