Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting convert d/m/yyyy to YYYY-MM-DD Post 302352008 by panyam on Thursday 10th of September 2009 08:07:26 AM
Old 09-10-2009
A bit modification as follows needed:

Code:
sed 's|.*,\([0-9]*\)/\([0-9]*\)/\([0-9]*\),.*|\3-\1-\2|' file_name.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Date from dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy

I want to change a date from format dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy. Is there a way to do this with sed or do you have to write a case statement to convert JAN to 01? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting the date field from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd

How to convert the date field from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd in unix my script will generate text file which have two fields one is date and another is name of the server for example this is sample date which I have to sort based on older to newer date the problem is when I found out sort will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert DD-MMM-YYYY to MM-DD-YYYY

I have a file which has 100k+ records like this abc,05-JUN-1974,def,lkj,aaa def,11-SEP-1975,ghj,dis,dea I want to convert ex 05-JUN-1974 to 06/05/1974 Please help me with awk script to convert the whole file into MM-DD-YYYY Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthalapati
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: zero-padding dates (or: convert d/m/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy)

Hi all I have some pipe-separated data in the form: 5/12/2008 00:00:00|31/1/2009 00:00:00|SOMESTUFF|OTHERSTUFF 12/31/2008 00:00:00|15/1/2009 00:00:00|MORESTUFF|REMAININGSTUFF 1/1/1023 00:00:00|16/5/2047 00:00:00|THEREST|YETMORE I need to zero-pad the single-digit days and months, using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format from yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy

(Attention: Green PHP newbie !) I have an online inquiry form, delivering a date in the form yyyy/mm/dd to my feedback form. If the content passes several checks, the form sends an e-mail to me. All works fine. I just would like to receive the date in the form dd/mm/yyyy. I tried with some code,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyboarder
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting date DD MM YYYY to DD MON YYYY

Hello, I am writing a script that parses different logs and produces one. In the source files, the date is in DD MM YYYY HH24:MI:SS format. In the output, it should be in DD MON YYY HH24:MI:SS (ie 25 Jan 2010 16:10:10) To extract the dates, I am using shell substrings, i.e.: read line ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adamm
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion help from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/Mon/yyyy i.e. 28/10/2012 to 28/Oct/2012

Hi I have a problem with Date format in my code. 1st I am trying to convert today's date to yesterday's using YESTERDAY3=`perl -e '@y=localtime(time()-86400); printf "%04d/%02d/%02d",$y+1900,$y+1,$y;$y;'` And once it is done I am trying to using the yesterday date in a grep command to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithinankam
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Epoch date to YYYY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YYYY

I've seen a lot of posts on this and have tried the following: echo 1257000000| perl -e '($d,$m,$y)=(localtime(time-86400));$m+=1;$y+=1900;printf "$y/$m/$d\n";' But I am unable to convert a past Epoch date into a format such as YYYY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YYYY. I am using bash and don't know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to convert to m-d-yyyy

I am using bash that when run downloads a file a verifies that there is data in it. What I am not able to do is have a user enter a date in any format they wish and have it converted to m-d-yyyy. Thank you :). Bash printf " Welcome to NGS analysis, checking for new files and creating a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format YYYY/MM/DD to DD/MM/YYYY

I am getting output of YYYY-MM-DD and want to change this to DD/MM/YYYY. When am running the query in 'Todd' to_date(column_name,'DD/MM/YYYY') am getting the required o/p of DD/MM/YYYY, But when am executing the same query(Netezza) in linux server(bash) am getting the output of YYYY-MM-DD file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)