Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting special characters giving problem Post 302351772 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 12:17:48 PM
Old 09-09-2009
i haven't told that this IS working... i haven't checked the code only the "while read ..." construct. just do a "set -xv" in your code and debug it at runtime... i'm not familar with awk, so there can be the problem...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

utf-8, problem with special characters

Hi all, We are facing the following problem in our HP-UX machine: software that manipulates utf-8 encoded strings (e.g. during string cut), fails to correctly manipulate strings (all containing Greek characters) that contain special characters like @, &, # etc. Actually, in different... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alina
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to tail file; problem with awk and special characters

Trying to use code that I found to send only new lines out of a log file by doing: while :; do temp=$(tail -1 logfile.out) awk "/$last/{p=1}p" logfile.out #pipe this to log analyzer program last="$temp" sleep 10 done Script works fine when logfile is basic text, but when it contains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moo72moo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script is giving different resultControlled Special Account [csdwmast@ucdoud01.am.sony.com

Hi All, In this below script i am not able to find where is "form mail id" is taking when this script is executing i am getting "Controlled Special Account " as from ,i need to send "form mail id " from a table.:mad: kindly help me plzz. Regards, Krupa (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Special characters in file

Hi, I am facing a below problem. Inorder to mak sure the below file is fixed width i am using the following command awk '{printf("%-375s\n", $0) } so as to add trailing spaces at the end for records of length less than 375. Input file > inp.txt 1©1234 1234 123©1 The output file is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcus_kosaman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with special characters....

grep -i "$line,$opline" COMBO_JUNK|awk -F, ' { C4+=$4 } { } END { print C4 } ' OFS=,` when i run this command in the script.... it o/p all the value as 0 if $line contains any special parameters..... but the same script if i run in command prompt... it shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies
ERROR::PASS5(7stap)													       ERROR::PASS5(7stap)

NAME
error::pass5 - systemtap pass-5 errors DESCRIPTION
Errors that occur during pass 5 (execution) can have a variety of causes. exceptional events during script execution The systemtap translator and runtime include numerous error checks that aim to protect the systems and the users from mistakes or transient conditions. The script may deliberately call the error() tapset function to signal a problem. Some memory needed for accessing $context variables may be temporarily unavailable. Consider using the try/catch construct to wrap script fragments in exception-handling code. Consider using the stap --suppress-handler-errors or stap --skip-badvars option. resource exhaustion One of several types of space or time resource limits may be exceeded by the script, including system overload, too many tuples to be stored in an array, etc. Some of the error messages identify the constraint by macro name, which may be individually raised. Consider using the stap --suppress-handler-errors option. Extend or disable resource limits using the stap -DLIMIT=NNNN option. remote execution server problems If you use the stap --remote option to direct a systemtap script to be executed somewhere else, ensure that an SSH connection may be made to the remote host, and that it has the current systemtap runtime installed & available. installation/permission problems It is possible that your installation of systemtap was not correctly installed. For example, the /usr/bin/staprun program may lack the necessary setuid permissions, or your invoking userid might not have sufficient privileges (root, or stapusr and related group memberships). Environment variables may interfere with locating /usr/libexec/.../stapio. errors from target program The program invoked by the stap -c CMD option may exit with a non-zero code. uncaught exceptions in the target program When using --runtime=dyninst you may encounter an issue where the target program aborts with a message like "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'foo_exception'". This is unfortunately a limitation of Dyninst, which sometimes prevents exceptions from properly unwinding through instrumented code. GATHERING MORE INFORMATION
Increasing the verbosity of pass-5 with an option such as --vp 00001 can help pinpoint the problem. SEE ALSO
stap(1), http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/TipExhaustedResourceErrors, error::fault(7stap), error::reporting(7stap) ERROR::PASS5(7stap)