Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting string to date in perl Post 302351753 by siba.s.nayak on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 11:19:47 AM
Old 09-09-2009
Great. It works. Thanks a lot. Can you please describe bit elaborately? I donot understand logic.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting character string to hex string

HI Hi I have a character string which contains some special characters and I need it to display as a hex string. For example, the sample i/p string: ×¥ïA Å gïÛý and the o/p should be : D7A5EF4100C5010067EFDBFD Any pointers or sample code pls. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

a simple way of converting a date in seconds to normal date

Hi all! I'm working on a HPUX system, and I was wondering if there is a simple way to convert a date from seconds (since 1970) to a normal date. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: travian
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a date format from a file an replace with a string in PERL

I am very new to Perl. I am struggling so hard to search a date (such as 10/09/2009, 10-09-2009) from a text file and replace with a string (say DATE) using Perl. Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Regds Doren (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL String to Date (Custom format yyyymmdd to dd-mon-yyyy)

Hi All, I am learning PERL for one of the projects, and in one of these scripts, I read a flat text file and print in the terminal. The problem is, the text file has a date field. The format is yyyymmdd. I need to display this as dd-mon-yyyy. Any ideas to do this? Thanks a lot for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting date string to different formats

Sucks to be a noob :o See my last post for solution I have 3 different log formats and the filenames contain a date. I am trying to write a script to grep these files between two date ranges. I am now stuck at the date conversion bit. I let the user entered a date string in the format... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format check and replace string in PERL

I have got few date format patterns like "yyyymmdd", "yy_mm_dd" etc. There can be any combination of such patterns. I have used add_delta_days to find "yyyy", "yy", "mm", "dd" for the current date and saved them to different variables like "$y1", "$y2", "$m1" etc In one line, i want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me days to a date string in PERL

Please help me n days to a date string in PERL. Date is of the format YYYYMMDD ---------- Post updated at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:54 AM ---------- Add n days (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahoo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting String Date into UNIX Date

Hi, I have a string date to my unix script(sun solaris). I wanted to convert it into unix date so that I can use it in a conditional statement. Please see below: MyTest.sh -s 2018-05-09 suppdt=$1 # string date passed via arguement as 2018-04-09 curryr=`date '+%Y'` nextyr=`expr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP@.SERVICE(8)				    systemd-cryptsetup@.service 			    SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-cryptsetup@.service, systemd-cryptsetup - Full disk decryption logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-cryptsetup@.service /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-cryptsetup DESCRIPTION
systemd-cryptsetup@.service is a service responsible for setting up encrypted block devices. It is instantiated for each device that requires decryption for access. systemd-cryptsetup@.service will ask for hard disk passwords via the password agent logic[1], in order to query the user for the password using the right mechanism at boot and during runtime. At early boot and when the system manager configuration is reloaded this /etc/crypttab is translated into systemd-cryptsetup@.service units by systemd-cryptsetup-generator(8). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-cryptsetup-generator(8), crypttab(5), cryptsetup(8) NOTES
1. password agent logic http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 208 SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP@.SERVICE(8)