Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk read input files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk read input files Post 302351628 by ripat on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 06:37:06 AM
Old 09-09-2009
Hello,

Try this:
Code:
awk 'NR<=FNR{_f1[$1 $5]=1;next}!_f1[$1 $5]' file2 file1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 input files for awk

Hi, i have 2 files like f1 and f2 f1: 1 Note: some times it will be cahnged to 2 and 3. f2: 1:20 2:30 4:50 6:70 8:90 3:20 1:30 1:40 output: 1:80 (sum of 1) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read input from 2 files and print them in alternate columns

Hi Frnz Please help me out. I have two text files. A.txt one two three four B.txt Jan Feb Mar Apr I need the output as (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting input files into multiple files through AWK command

Hi, I needs to split *.txt files from single directory depends on the some mutltiple input values. i have wrote the code like below for file in *.txt do grep -i -h "value1|value2" $file > $file; done. My requirment is more input values needs to be given in grep; let us say 50... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 input files -Awk

Compare 2 files and print the values input1 (c1 20 100 X_y10) along with one closest highest (c1 100 200 X_y10) and one lowest values (c1 10 15 X_y10) from input2 input1 c1 20 100 X_y10 input2 c1 5 10 X_y10 c1 10 15 X_y10 c1 100 200 X_y10 c1 200 300 X_y10 output ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumblebee_2010
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read input and output files and child scripts

I have a directory where i have *.sas; *.pl;*.sh and *.c scripts I need to find out what are the child scripts and input output files for each script: say I have a shell script which calls a perl script and a sas script: In my first line I want I a) the parent script name; b) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK using two input files

Hi , i have two input files one is input.gz and another is ( input.txt) text file.in gz format input file each record contains 10 fields and corresponding header value is present in the text file as a single record i.e text file contains only 10 records which is header value,so output of the awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ajoy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input file with in awk script not through command line

Hi All, Do we know how to read input file within awk script and send output toanother log file. All this needs to be in awk script, not in command line. I am running this awk through crontab. Cat my.awk #!/bin/awk -f function test(var){ some code} { } END { print"test code" } (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: random_thoughts
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse input of two files to be the same in awk

I have two files that I am going to use diff to find the differences but need to parse them before I do that. I have include the format of each file1 and file2 with the desired output of each (the first 5 fields in each file). The first file has a "chr" before the # that needs to be removed. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop to read file and use ${file} for both filename input into awk and as string to print

I have files named with different prefixes. From each I want to extract the first line containing a specific string, and then print that line along with the prefix. I've tried to do this with a while loop, but instead of printing the prefix I print the first line of the file twice. Files:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)