Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Spilt the line into two....
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Spilt the line into two.... Post 302351425 by ak835 on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 01:16:59 PM
Old 09-08-2009
MySQL

I am not having these strings ready.

I would be getting them on runtime and need to capture then.

e.g
Code:
ps -ef |grep java

would display all java threads ,where command column would be such a string.

I need to get that in a variable and then i can use the commands posted here.

I am not sure if 'sed' needs to be used here.

Regards
Abhi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spilt excel file in unix

Hi friends... I am sending a file say xyz.xls to a mail through unix. The .xls file is more than 65 thousand in size so I want to spilt the file size into 40 thousand and 25 thousand. So can anyone provide any inputs.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Soumya Dash
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to spilt a file

Hi , I have a file,abc.txt. like abc.txt ======= KOKRS EL01 RLDNR M2 RRCTY 1 Company Code 100 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
8 Replies

3. AIX

How to spilt huge string in AIX ?

I have few AIX 5.3 boxes where following is the issue. I have a variable whose value is a very huge string ...(5000+ characters) CMD_ARGS="/global/site/vendor/WAS/WebSphere6/AppServer/java/bin/java... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the contents of two files line by line and compare the line by line?

Hi All, I'm trying to figure out which are the trusted-ips and which are not using a script file.. I have a file named 'ip-list.txt' which contains some ip addresses and another file named 'trusted-ip-list.txt' which also contains some ip addresses. I want to read a line from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
FREEMIND(1)						      General Commands Manual						       FREEMIND(1)

NAME
freemind -- A Java program for creating and viewing mindmaps. SYNOPSIS
freemind [no_options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the freemind command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has docu- mentation as a mindmap (see Help menu in FreeMind). freemind is a program that allows to create and view so-called mindmaps, as well as export them to HTML or different image formats. It also has a plugin concept to extend its functionality. OPTIONS
This program does not have any option. Just start it! ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG If this environment variable is set, freemind gives more information on how it finds its different elements, as well as some other information. JAVACMD Default value for the java virtual machine (the java command). JAVA_BINDIR If $JAVACMD is not set, the java virtual machine is searched under $JAVA_BINDIR/java. JAVA_HOME If $JAVACMD and $JAVA_BINDIR are not set, the java virtual machine is searched under $JAVA_HOME/bin/java. PATH If all $JAVA... environment variables fail, the java virtual machine command (java) is searched in the $PATH (with which). CLASSPATH ADD_JARS The $CLASSPATH variable also lets one specify additional jars, which is good, if you want to add a new Look&Feel jar (the motif one is so ugly...). Alternatively, the content of $ADD_JARS will be prepended to $CLASSPATH. FREEMIND_BASE_DIR Directory where FreeMind searches for its plugins and libraries FILES
/etc/freemind/freemindrc ~/.freemind/freemindrc freemind tries to read its environment variables from /etc/freemind/freemindrc and ~/.freemind/freemindrc, so that specific set- tings are possible at machine and user level. /usr/bin/java If all searches through environment variables fail, the java virtual machine is expected to be /usr/bin/java; if not, freemind exits with an error. SEE ALSO
The online documentation under http://freemind.sf.net/, especially the Linux related one under the Wiki page link http://freemind.source- forge.net/wiki/index.php/FreeMind_on_Linux. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Eric Lavarde deb@zorglub.s.bawue.de for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. FREEMIND(1)