Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Connection reset by peer..closing connection Post 302351345 by subramanyab on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 08:58:53 AM
Old 09-08-2009
Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello
I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS).

What's happening is once i start the run (it is expected to process about 2 million records). The driver on the linux host gets the record and process it allright till abt 800K records ( again this count is varying some time it goes fine till 1.5M records) and then suddenly it resets and afterwards there is no processing at all. I can see the following error message - "
Connection reset by peer; closing connection" in the driver logs.

Is it an issue with linux -solaris box or with windows machine ??
An insight and solution to the issue is highly appreciated

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection reset by peer

:confused: HI, We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX. The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF. How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer". while the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyalush
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - connection reset by peer

I use ssh to work on the server (OS X 10.4.x) remotely from home (Debian / OS X 10.5.3). If I leave my machine idle, I get disconnected after a couple of minutes. I get the following error message: Read from remote host "server name": Connection reset by peer Connection to "server name" closed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osxhawk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

connection reset by peer on freebsd

hi all. am running postgresql in a vm on debian server. i have some client programs connecting to the db. when i check the logs of postgresql i see "connection reset by peer" can someone help me with this issue... thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I get this error when I log in through console: "fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer". Can you tell me what this is and why it happens, and how to stop it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: Connection reset by peer

I have created a script to cat the contents of a log file and pipe it to head and tail so I can get specific lines. When I do this I sometimes randomly get the error "cat: write error: Connection reset by peer". It is completely sporatic and sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep: writing output: Connection reset by peer

Hi , when i run , tkt=/u01/ctrlfile/tkt.tmp grep "TICKET NBR" $cdrFile | head -$count | tail -1 > $tkt i got error grep: writing output: Connection reset by peer but some time its working withour error its working fine but some time i got this error any help please (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: OTNA
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer [preauth]

Hello, I have recently updated my AIX machine from version 6.1.7.5 to 6.1.9.1 and i noticed that the errpt of the server is full of ssh messages like the one below: sshdprocess_id>]: fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer Does anyone knows if this a known bug of the ssh... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp - Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer

Hello to all, i have a problem when trying to estabilish a sftp connection. i setup a sftp server (i used feeFTPd) and i'm now trying to connect from two different machines. from the first one everything is fine: $ sftp -vvv user@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc26
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

Can't SSH - Connection reset by Peer

Hi Guys, I can't SSH to a remote system - connection reset by peer..any ideas ? -The Source is Linux, the Remote is Windows -The remote has OpenSSH running on Port 22 - Telnet confirms port is open -User1 has a RSA2 Key (2048) key, which is capture in the 1010101-pub.key specified by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
1 Replies
INVOKE-RC.D(8)							 Debian GNU/Linux						    INVOKE-RC.D(8)

NAME
invoke-rc.d - executes System-V style init script actions SYNOPSIS
invoke-rc.d [--quiet] [--force] [--try-anyway] [--disclose-deny] [--query] [--no-fallback] name action [init script parameters...] invoke-rc.d [--help] DESCRIPTION
invoke-rc.d is a generic interface to execute System V style init script /etc/init.d/name actions, obeying runlevel constraints as well as any local policies set by the system administrator. All access to the init scripts by Debian packages' maintainer scripts should be done through invoke-rc.d. This manpage documents only the usage and behavior of invoke-rc.d. For a discussion of the System V style init script arrangements please see init(8). More information on invoke-rc.d can be found in the section on runlevels and init.d scripts of the Debian Policy Manual. INIT SCRIPT ACTIONS
The standard actions are: start, stop, force-stop, restart, try-restart, reload, force-reload, and status. Other actions are accepted, but they can cause problems to policy-rc.d (see the INIT SCRIPT POLICY section), so warnings are generated if the policy layer is active. Please note that not all init scripts will implement all the actions listed above, and that the policy layer may override an action to another action(s), or even deny it. Any extra parameters will be passed to the init script(s) being executed. If an action must be carried out regardless of any local policies, use the --force switch. OPTIONS
--help Display usage help. --quiet Quiet mode, no error messages are generated. --force Tries to run the init script regardless of policy and init script subsystem errors. Use of this option in Debian maintainer scripts is severely discouraged. --try-anyway Tries to run the init script if a non-fatal error is detected. --disclose-deny Return status code 101 instead of status code 0 if the init script action is denied by the policy layer. --query Returns one of the status codes 100-106. Does not run the init script, and implies --disclose-deny and --no-fallback. --no-fallback Ignores any fallback action requests by the policy layer. Warning: this is usually a very bad idea for any actions other than start. STATUS CODES
Should an init script be executed, invoke-rc.d always returns the status code returned by the init script. Init scripts should not return status codes in the 100+ range (which is reserved in Debian and by the LSB). The status codes returned by invoke-rc.d proper are: 0 Success. Either the init script was run and returned exit status 0 (note that a fallback action may have been run instead of the one given in the command line), or it was not run because of runlevel/local policy constrains and --disclose-deny is not in effect. 1 - 99 Reserved for init.d script, usually indicates a failure. 100 Init script ID (name) unknown. This means the init script was not registered successfully through update-rc.d or that the init script does not exist. 101 Action not allowed. The requested action will not be performed because of runlevel or local policy constraints. 102 Subsystem error. Init script (or policy layer) subsystem malfunction. Also, forced init script execution due to --try-anyway or --force failed. 103 Syntax error. 104 Action allowed. Init script would be run, but --query is in effect. 105 Behavior uncertain. It cannot be determined if action should be carried out or not, and --query is in effect. 106 Fallback action requested. The policy layer denied the requested action, and supplied an allowed fallback action to be used instead. INIT SCRIPT POLICY
invoke-rc.d introduces the concept of a policy layer which is used to verify if an init script should be run or not, or if something else should be done instead. This layer has various uses, the most immediate ones being avoiding that package upgrades start daemons out-of-runlevel, and that a package starts or stops daemons while inside a chroot jail. The policy layer has the following abilities: deny or approve the execution of an action; request that another action (called a fallback) is to be taken, instead of the action requested in invoke-rc.d's command line; or request multiple actions to be tried in order, until one of them succeeds (a multiple fallback). invoke-rc.d itself only pays attention to the current runlevel; it will block any attempts to start a service in a runlevel in which the service is disabled. Other policies are implemented with the use of the policy-rc.d helper, and are only available if /usr/sbin/pol- icy-rc.d is installed in the system. FILES
/etc/init.d/* System V init scripts. /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d Init script policy layer helper (not required). /etc/runlevel.conf file-rc runlevel configuration (if the file-rc package is being used). /etc/rc?.d/* System V runlevel configuration (if the sysv-rc package is being used). NOTES
invoke-rc.d special cases the status action, and returns exit status 4 instead of exit status 0 when it is denied. BUGS
Please report any bugs using the Debian bug tracking system, http://bugs.debian.org/, package sysv-rc or file-rc (depending on which ver- sion of invoke-rc.d you are using). SEE ALSO
Debian Policy manual, /etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), /usr/share/doc/init-system-helpers/README.policy-rc.d.gz AUTHOR
Henrique Holschuh Licence: GNU Public Licence v2 or Later (GPLv2+) COPYRIGHT
2001 Hernique Holschuh 1 March 2001 INVOKE-RC.D(8)