Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What do you do for a living?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you do for a living? Post 302351269 by amitranjansahu on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 01:29:05 AM
Old 09-08-2009
My basic work is testing telecommunication products installed on unix . This also involves system testing and scripting.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Starting over, making a living with linux?

I really like to use linux, although I freely admit I don't know squat about it. I can install it, update it and get it to most of what I would like it to do, up to running some windows apps on it. I am going back so to school starting on the 25th, with a declared major of Information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
services-admin(1)						   User Commands						 services-admin(1)

NAME
services-admin - Basic tool to enable and disable SMF services. SYNOPSIS
services-admin [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
services-admin provides a simple list view of all the services configured on the system (in SMF) and allows the user to enable/disable the services. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more informa- tion. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the main application. example% services-admin EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/services-admin Executable for services configuration. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/backup/services Backup directory for files that are modified. /var/run/setup-tool-backends/debug/services Debug logs can be found under here. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-system-tools | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. users-admin(1), shares-admin(1), time-admin(1), network-admin(1), gnome-std-options(5), smf(5), svcadm(1M), svcs(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
It isn't possible to do anything other than disable/enable a service. Some services may not be listed. Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2006 services-admin(1)