Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What do you do for a living?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you do for a living? Post 302351252 by Vi-Curious on Monday 7th of September 2009 11:40:33 PM
Old 09-08-2009
Technical support - telecom

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Starting over, making a living with linux?

I really like to use linux, although I freely admit I don't know squat about it. I can install it, update it and get it to most of what I would like it to do, up to running some windows apps on it. I am going back so to school starting on the 25th, with a declared major of Information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
AUTOSUPPORT(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						    AUTOSUPPORT(8)

NAME
autosupport -- interactive script to provide Digium[tm]'s support with information SYNOPSIS
autosupport [OPTION] [prefix] DESCRIPTION
autosupport is a script that is normally run by a user contacting Digium's Technical Support to automate gathering support information. It will probe the system for some run-time and system information, and generate a backup of Asterisk related configuration. An optional param- eter for a prefix may be specified which is typically used to specify a Digium Technical Support Ticket ID. The script requires root privileges to run, and writes all output in the home directory of the user running the script. For the purposes of this document, this will be referred to as /root/ henceforth. The system information is written to /root/digiuminfo.txt and the backup of configuration (and the system information file) are written to a tarball in /root/ with a base name of digium-info. A Date Stamp will be appended, and if specified the optional parameter will be a pre- fix. The tarball at least is expected to be attached to a support ticket with Digium. OPTIONS
Arguments: prefix Used to prefix the file names. Typically a Digium Technical Support Ticket ID Options: -n, --non-interactive Run without requiring user input -h, --help Show help about options FILES
/root/digiuminfo.txt /root/digium-info_YYYYMMDD.tar.gz SEE ALSO
asterisk(8) AUTHOR
autosupport was written by John Bigelow <support@digium.com> in conjunction with Charles Moye and Trey Blancher. This manual page was writ- ten by Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com> and updated by Charles Moye. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. autosupport Dec 14th, 2011 AUTOSUPPORT(8)